cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

el_arantis
Adept III

Adrenalon 2020 20.1.1 + Radeon RX 5700 XT - Problems are not fixed :(

While playing BF4, after around 5 mins of gaming, screen became black, I heard a Windows notification sound and monitor informs "no signal". Come on AMD!!! You fixed nothing!!! Do not be so impatient!!! Test drivers first!!! Had to return to 19.12.1 once again. (I always use latest DDU). I find it useless to test other games.

PC Specs

O/S: Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest build version with all updates)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
M/B: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC II
RAM: G.Skill FlareX F4-3200C14D-16GFX
PSU: SEASONIC FOCUS+ GOLD 1000W
Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7X LED+
HARD DRIVE: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
OPTICAL DRIVE: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0
MONITOR: AOC AGON AG251FZ (1080p) DP Connection
CASE: Cooler Master N600
SOUND: Realtek High Definition Audio (ALC 1220)
SPEAKERS: Logitech 5.1
HEADSET: Creative Sound BlasterX H5 Special Edition
(Latest Drivers/BIOS/FIRMWARE for all devices)

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the existing thread to track this issue and provide your feedback. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/247736 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

I'm on 20.1.1 and I can confirm they did fix enhanced sync. When enabled I couldn't start some games like Starcraft II and Shadow of the Tomb Raider to name just two (there were more). It went to a black screen. And I have also been running this for about an hour and a half with no crashes. (crossing fingers)

I have not tried enabling hardware acceleration in chrome, steam, and other launchers yet. I'm just testing stability of enhanced sync. 

0 Likes
akigis
Adept I

I have the same problem  But without game, only browser. Windows notification sound and monitor informs "no signal".
PC specs in my profile.

0 Likes

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in whatever browser you're using?

0 Likes

Until the first black screen - no. After disabling not yet tested.

But there is still a problem when nothing is started from games or programs and the computer is idle for 5-10 minutes, then in most cases a black screen appears. Sometimes it helps to move the mouse, but most often you have to restart the computer or reconnect the HDMI cable.
In rare cases, instead of a black screen, ripples appear, similar to old TVs without a signal.
Sorry for my English, using google translate

0 Likes

For the black screen when starting some games issue, try disabling Enhanced Sync and then try the game again. If this works you'll have to completely uninstall the driver using DDU in safe mode and then reinstall 20.1.1. Enhanced Sync will then stop causing the black screens on some game startups. At least it did for me.

0 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I always use DDU in conjunction with AMD's utility to uninstall the driver. I always turned off Enhanced Sync right away and never used it, so there is almost no black screen during the game.
The black screen problem is mainly when the computer is waiting for 5-10 minutes.
And only recently there was a black screen when the browser was working, I described it above. Today I will check with disabled hardware acceleration.

0 Likes
jaydeejoy
Elite

NO more AMD
Still  fixed nothing!
PubG crashes in 2 minutes and still fan issue
Asus Rog Strix 5700Xt
i ll go back Nvidia + intel
for my next system

Hey jay, you may ecounter this overheating issue as indicated here: Asus Strix Fix, Another Defective Radeon RX 5700 XT - YouTube  your best bet is to return it and get another vendor's card RX5700

0 Likes

i know it. mailed ASUS.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the existing thread to track this issue and provide your feedback. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/247736