Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GreyMata
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Adrenaline - Ultrawide Resolution Issue on Wakeup

I tried just the driver and didn't have the monitor driver, just the AMD one and it was fine for a few hours then I locked the machine, came back 2 hours later and had the issue.

I think this could be a monitor issue as its happening on Win 7/10 and with nvidia and AMD :( Seems pot luck if your monitor behaves itself.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II
Adept II

I left it now for an hour, and it does indeed not resolve the issue. Sorry for giving us hope :(

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I
Adept I

So the only fix I can see so far with this monitor is either move to 85HZ HDMI

OR

Never let the monitor go to sleep and if I know I am gonna walk away for a while turn off the monitor. I can't work out any other option other than staying on months old drivers and praying it doesn't happen.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II
Adept II

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I
Adept I

Ideally I think it would require a firmware update for the monitors but as these are EOL now I doubt that will happen :(

For now I just turn the monitor off and save the hassle.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II
Adept II

Why would it work on certain driver versions then?

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I
Adept I

Thats the part I can't work out. Maybe something with the monitor and the driver not triggering the issue and newer ones do, or windows patches, I do also get this issue on the old Iiyama 24's 144hz monitors I used to have.

I am on an old Intel chipset though so could it be that? I am on a i7 6700K and the MSI Krait Z170A chipset. Is it a chipset issue, bios issue. I just don't know. All I know is if I use HDMI its great and works, Display Port it doesn't and I have tried turning off options for the card, certified cables, bios tweaks and nothing.

I am really tempted to dump this monitor in the near future and get some dual Dell S2721DGFA panels and then see what happens or go to 144hz HDMI with them :)

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II
Adept II

Adrenalin 21.2.1 does not resolve the issue :(

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I
Adept I

I am not sure if a driver will fix this at all.

Either something new in Windows +drivers is causing this with newer file version etc or as looking about seems most ultrawides are struggling with one issue or another.

I managed to get the 38" version of our LG panel from work yesterday, guess what, issue does not happen, same drivers, same cables, it always comes back even after hours of letting it put the monitor to sleep.

I think its just pot luck on ultrawide with display port.

Can you test HDMI on yours, I know its only 85hz but can you confirm that all is well like mine is on HDMI?

Cheers

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II
Adept II

Need to look around for one. Probably snatch one from my HTPC.

Looks like there might be a new firmware update released just yesterday: https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/software-firmware

Ah, it was just the OnScreen software. Updated from 5.71 to 5.73

0 Kudos