cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

soldier989
Journeyman III

Adrenaline - Ultrawide Resolution Issue on Wakeup

When waking up my Ultrawide LG 34gk950f from sleep, the resolution of my monitor goes to 1200x800 and has black bars on the left and right side. The issue is resolved by either powercycling the monitor, reseating the DP cable, toggling the display port in the monitor between 1.4 and 1.2 or rebooting the PC. Thinking that the monitor may be starting slower than the 6900xt, I played with Windows power settings, nothing helped. I've turned off HDCP, freesync and all other settings within Adrenaline, this did not solve the issue. Installing the monitors latest driver did not solve the issue. Swapping to another DP cable did not solve the issue. Tried a RTX 3080 and could not duplicate the issue. Uninstalling/reinstalling the latest driver/adrenaline did not solve the issue (DDU was used for a clean wipe).

I did a clean boot of Windows and ended the Adrenaline process. When my monitor went to sleep, it woke up with the correct resolution. Tested this multiple times and each wake up worked correctly. I then started Adrenaline, let the monitor go to sleep, and the resolution issue returned. 

I uninstalled the driver and adrenaline software again, then installed ONLY the 6900xt driver. Ever since doing this, waking my monitor up from sleep has been fine. It seems something between Adrenaline and having an ultrawide monitor is causing this issue. I already reported the issue to AMD, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem or found a fix. At the least, making the community aware of my problem may help someone down the road too.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS X570 TUF Pro-WiFi (SAM/BAR enabled)
CPU: AMD 5600x
RAM: 32gb G.Skill 3600Mhz 16-16-16-28
GPU: Sapphire 6900xt reference
Monitor: LG 34gk950f

0 Likes
112 Replies