cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vidko
Adept II

Re: Adrenaline - Ultrawide Resolution Issue on Wakeup

You can add my graphic card: 5700XT 50th Anniversary. Also, soldier989 (the original poster) could update the first post.

To be honest I do not really care anymore if it's in the release notes or not, as long as it is fixed. And even if next driver breaks it again, we have a driver we can revert to and is not half a year old or even older.

0 Likes
GreyMata
Adept I

So far so good, its not 100% but its working on wake, I have noticed that the lock screen image will go into a 1200x800 res but once logged in its at the proper 3440x1440 res at present.

Only other thing I have noticed is the resolution is fine but at times waking the machine certain windows have been resized.

0 Likes
DataGhost
Adept I

Is that wake on computer sleep, or wake on screen sleep with the computer still fully active? Do you lock or log out? Can you assign some estimated percentages to these:

A : Wake at native resolution with original windows
B : Wake at native resolution but windows resized/moved
C : Lock screen is actually displaying at 1280x800 (huge font, big pixels), unlocking to native resolution with original windows
D : Lock screen is actually displaying at 1280x800 (huge font, big pixels), unlocking to native resolution with windows resized/moved
E : Lock screen is actually displaying at 1280x800 (huge font, big pixels), unlocking remains at 1280x800

0 Likes
GreyMata
Adept I

Just screen sleep. I don't sleep the PC.

All I do is when I walk away from the machine I will do the lock and the monitor sleeps 1 min after that

What I see is the login screen image and text are large as in 1200x800, as soon as I log in its normal again.

I would say its happened 4 times in the last week so its not happening everytime.

I would say out of the 4 times its happened:

A - 90% 
B - 0%
C - 5%
D - 5%
E - 0%

so the majority of the time its been perfect, I have had one issue where windows were moved and resized after logging back in from the lock screen and then the same but after logging in the windows were fine.

What I have noticed is if the issue is going to happen, at times you get two tray icons and then it will vanish after a few seconds, looking into the event viewer there are issues where it says it has failed to load:

The description for Event ID 1060 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\??\C:\Windows\Temp\Atiflash\atidgllk.sys

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

0 Likes
DataGhost
Adept I

Well, while it's still annoying when it happens, it seems it has generally improved quite a bit. The newest driver 21.5.1 just came out, maybe that fixes it completely for you?

0 Likes
vidko
Adept II

I had a one time wake up issue with 21.4.1 where my display turned on, turned off for a split second and turned back on, otherwise not a single issue with waking up.

Before upgrading to 21.5.1, I will wait for your reports first

0 Likes
GreyMata
Adept I

So the drivers seem to work as in they will not reduce the screen to a 1200x800 window, however I do get this every so often at the login and then when you are in windows you can see two drivers running, one is failed and the other is a restarted one!

PXL_20210518_154753334.jpgPXL_20210518_154737932.jpg

As you can see the login background is at a higher res but the screen looks ok.

Checking on the event viewer, this is what is failing:

- EventData

Radeonsoftware.exe
6075cb03
Radeonsoftware.exe
6075cb03
c0000005
00000000003d7c92
2bb8
01d74bfca9e1e24e
C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
8f7c2fe7-dfd0-4097-8ea2-a8d9589b768b

0 Likes
DataGhost
Adept I

Yeah, that's a different issue that's popped up for more people in the last two or so drivers. It's "just" the Radeon Software UI crashing and getting restarted, not the driver itself. Hovering over the icons will remove all but one of them. It's been reported quite a bit so I assume it'll be fixed soon in a newer version. Just curious though, can you reproduce it doing some specific steps, or is it a random occurrence for you? Although that might be better for a separate topic.

0 Likes
GreyMata
Adept I

I can replicate it every time, all you need to do is start the PC without the monitor being powered on, come back to the pc after a few mins, turn monitor on and then you will see the issue.

I tend to power up the PC, walk away for a tick whilst its starting then power on monitor.

0 Likes
vidko
Adept II

Watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5DuXeqnA-w was the final nail in the coffin. This is my last LG monitor.

0 Likes