cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vidko
Adept II

Re: Adrenaline - Ultrawide Resolution Issue on Wakeup

As I bought the monitor in Austria, I also contacted LG support as I wanted their feedback. I received the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting LG Electronics Deutschland GmbH.

Thank you for your feedback.

If the monitor displays the correct resolution via the display port after a restart and no longer does so after standby, this is due to the fact that Windows saves a virtual resolution before it puts the PC into sleep mode and uses this to wake Windows from sleep mode.

This is not due to the monitor but to the way Windows handles the display port of the graphics card.

The behaviour is manufacturer-independent and is due to Windows itself.

We recommend operation via the HDMI.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

LG Electronics Germany GmbH"

They can't be serious. They advertise the monitor as 144Hz and suggest using HDMI cable which gets me stuck to 85Hz...

Also, the pc does not go to sleep or hybernate, just the monitor turns off.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

They are fobbing you off as it works on some drivers not all of them.

This might be a Windows 10 and Driver issue together so maybe this does need to be looked at by AMD to get the drivers working, however we are a niche market with ultrawides, we don't make up a massive corner of the gaming market do we 😕

You can game on 85Hz I tried it on HDMI and it worked flawlessly, yeah I didn't get 144hz panel but it still looked good on 85hz. I just stick with DP atm and then just turn the monitor off if I walk away from the PC.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

LG updated the OnScreen software from 6.74 to 6.76 but I couldn't see any changes except the version.

0 Kudos
Kasaris
Journeyman III

Would be nice if either AMD or LG would provide any update regarding this.  Even something like that they are aware of the issue, but don't have an answer as to the root cause would be better than complete silence.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

My guess is not enough people have the issue, so they don't look into it. Although LG Community page has lots of complaints, so they should do something.

Kasaris, I just saw your comment on LG Community page! Thanks for keeping it active!

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

EDIT: Double post due to verification of email.. Can't delete this post.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

Not sure where my reply went there.....

So I have all but given up on this, LG won't bother as its an EOL monitor and the drivers aren't helping going forward so I have turned off the monitor sleep mode and will replace the monitor down the line and go back to two duals I think.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

Did you test 21.3.1 Adrenaline yet? I will have a result in 12h

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

I am waiting for the WHQL drivers instead of testing the small updates. My Radeon software says there is no update but Ihave it set to major versions otherwise it would just be new drivers and new headaches every month 😛

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

21.3.1 does not resolve the issue. It is still present. Looks like waiting for WHQL certified drivers and hoping those will resolve the issue is next.

LG support is useless.

At least AMD acknowledged the issue:

On a limited number of displays, the preferred desktop resolution in Windows® may change when the display is power cycled.

0 Kudos