cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GreyMata
Adept I

Re: Adrenaline - Ultrawide Resolution Issue on Wakeup

Just seen this so I will add my issues to this but as the other poster has commented, this is on the 950 way back since October and nothing from LG, they will not do anything as they will just push out new monitors.

I will add my 2 pence later to the thread of I can get an account sorted.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

Anyone knows if LG UltraGear 38GN950-B has any issues? I am thinking about returning the 34GK95F-B as in its current state it is unusable and if it can't be fixed, it is a broken product.

0 Kudos
Kasaris
Journeyman III

My friend has the 38GN950-B and he hasn't reported any of these issue with it, however he is running an NVIDIA 3090 and had a 2080 prior to that. He also has two other 27" Acer Monitors in Portrait along with a valve index connected as well.

0 Kudos
lel
Journeyman III

Yes same issue, also my 6900XT ocasionally cant boot properly - iI dont get a picture than until the windows login screen appears.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

What a surprise. 21.2.3 adrenaline does not resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

Its not a driver issue that's why, most likely a change in Win 10 and drivers using some new file that causes the issue on the panel, I have confirmed this issue using the Windows 10 drivers for the card and it effects nVidia users too! Out of interest, any Linux users who are getting this issue with DP and sleep?

The interesting this is if I use 20.9.1 the issue disappears so does this driver have a file in it that sorts the issue....!

My guess is you will send this back under warranty, they will send you the same monitor back as you are out of your 30 days Distant Selling so this is repair or replace, they will replace with the same model

As for the Dell monitors I was looking at the 2721DFGA but rumours have it they are LG panels at 165hz

I will wait a year or so and then I will replace with dual 27's again and see what is out

I can confirm though that the 38" doesn't display this issue with the same 5700XT and any drivers, once again, pointing to an issue with the 34" panel 😞

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

lel can you confirm that 38GN950-B has the same issue? If so, I think there is no point of swapping for it.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

LG found time to update OnScreen Control to 6.74. The only change they added a Gaming UI mode:

vidko_0-1614204811637.png

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

Do you have a link to that?

My OnScreen is saying there is no update and its on 5.73 still!

Found it, anyone looking for it is here:

https://www.lg.com/uk/support/software-firmware?csSalesCode=34GK950F-B.AEK

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

Just wanted to post a reply with the link, but you were faster 😄

0 Kudos