cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GreyMata
Adept I

Re: Adrenaline - Ultrawide Resolution Issue on Wakeup

So I habe stopped it going to the lock screen and just let it go to sleep, got the OnScreen software running in the notifications bar so just minimised and hidden. Not had the issue since!

Longest was 2 hours long and still came back.

I will monitor for a day or two and then update

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

Shouldn't that do the same as well:

vidko_0-1613067301859.png

I had always set it to "just scan"

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

Mine is set to full wide, not sure what original does! I assume as I have freesync on the just scan and Cinema 1 and 2 are greyed out.

I am gonna test these settings and see what happens over the next day or two.

I will say i also have the Freesync on and you have yours off. Depends what you are using the monitor for, gaming or just normal use.

UPDATE:

So it happened again, if you let the monitor go to sleep, with software or not it still does the issue where it sits at 1200x800.

For now I am going to disable the screen going to sleep, revert to a screensaver again and then just power down the monitor if I am going to walk away for any considerable time.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

Didn't help for me either.

I kept looking for the registry regarding deepsleep and ULPS:

vidko_0-1613116926649.png

I will try to compare the settings from the last Adrenalin that worked for me and the latest version.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

I installed the new 21.2.2 driver but it didn't bring me any satisfaction as the same DisplayPort wake issue is still occurring. So I installed Adrenaline 20.11.1 driver (last driver that works for me) and the issue is NOT PRESENT. Can someone test it as well? Thanks.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

I can only get this not to happen on the 20.9.1 drivers, if I use anything after that then I get the issue. So I don't think this is drivers as it would happen on the same version for us all 🙂

If I use 20.9.1 I can sleep the monitor, drivers after that all fail no matter how much I clean up the drivers and then get the new ones installed, or clear out the registry.

As I said though, I grabbed the 38" version of this monitor, had GSync not freesync and its worked for a few days I had it. Gone back to the 34" panel and the issue is back. I really do think this is a panel issue. Now reading about others are saying they have issues on the Dell 2721DFGA too and guess what, its an LG panel!

I think there are issues with certain LG panels.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

Quite possible.

I am really bummed about it 😞

Can't even post on LG community as I do not get the confirmation e-mail 😕

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

For 6 days their forum didn't even work, I had to use the google cached method to see that thread. I also don't think they care tbh, there are pages of it happening and they have done nothing about it so far.

The weird thing is, its only on display port, not HDMI so does the panel have issues running at 144hz!

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

New threads on LG community site about the same issue with other LG ultrawide monitors:

https://lgcommunity.us.com/categories/gaming-monitors

vidko
Adept II

Finally, received LG confirmation email, so I was able to open a new thread on LG community page:

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/16359/34gk950f-b-displayport-wake-issue#latest

0 Kudos