cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GreyMata
Adept I

Re: Adrenaline - Ultrawide Resolution Issue on Wakeup

Does it happen on other monitors? I have tried three now, happens on this and my old ones that are both 144hz Display Ports.

Tried the 38" version of the LG screen from work for a few days and it doesn't happen, just a strange one.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

Did you see the link for the LG site I found cached on Google?

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/6631/lg-34gk950f-b-wake-from-sleep-issue

Check that, if it doesn't work then look here at the cached version:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kulUnoRpSnkJ:https://lgcommunity.us.com/discus...

If you look at this, its our panel or the one before or after, on nVidia, Intel, AMD, all Display Port apart from 2 or 3 HDMI and all state the same issue.

People asking for firmware update and nothing from LG!

People with the 34GK950F like I do who all have the issue, either res or the wake to black screen issue, also on all makes of cards:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/dfkpdr/lg_34gk950fb_wake_from_sleep_problem/?u...

Linus from LTT also mentions it in his video here at 10:58 timestamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=651&v=aFZ5ofmZt58&feature=youtu.be

Reading through all that, its either Windows or a Monitor issue, can't really be a AMD driver issue as its happening on nVidia and Intel too. I think we just have a duff monitor and firmware and LG don't care about it as they have newer models now.

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

Yeah, I read it. I even wanted to reply and add a new thread on the LG community site, however I cannot get their e-mail confirmation. I click on send the e-mail but  I do not receive it. I even checked my Gmail spam folder with no avail.

I am still in my warranty, but if nothing happens soon, I don't know what alternatives I have. This was the most recommended monitor at the time and I am really happy with it, except the DisplayPort wake issue.

I am still wondering how it works without issues with older Adrenalin drivers.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

So for now I am on DP and 144hz, I have stopped the monitor going to sleep but put a screensaver on it.

Now I do don't see this all the time but if you leave it as usual for 30 - 90 minutes, come back and move the mouse ( I have mine set to lock and go to logon screen ) you see the screensaver go into a 1200x800 box in the top left corner of the screen and any image you have for your lock screen will be stretched much like the wake issue and locking the res but then after 2 seconds the res comes back.

I will try to capture it on video, just random when it happens.

I like the monitor too for working on, gaming wise, not many support the 21:9 res properly so I am considering going back to 2 x 27" 1440p monitors in 16:9

As for warranty, its no use, people have sent theirs back and they come back with the same issue. Its a great monitor so for now I am just working around it by not letting it sleep, if I know I am gonna walk away from it, I will just power it off for now and never have the issue.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

So I have managed to catch this on video of it happening, as you can see with a screen saver it goes to the top left corner, I am now thinking its the panel and the picture in picture stuff it can do and it get's stuck. You can see the mouse is not registered either until you get into the screensaver screen section:

[video]

Now to add to this, if I am not using the screensaver and I use the monitor sleep mode I get the following and it locks to 1200x800 same as the screensaver size!

PXL_20210125_180618252.jpg

I am now wondering if there is a display port timing issue with wake here and the PC/Windows/Drivers don't register it correctly.

vidko
Adept II

I am planning a fresh Windows install this weekend. Will test if there might be a change as this install is almost 2 years old. I kinda doubt it. Worst case scenario I will downgrade my Adrenaline drivers to the last version that worked.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

I have just gone with the method of latest drivers as I am a gamer and then just power down the monitor if I walk away from the PC for any considerable amount of time.

0 Kudos
GreyMata
Adept I

Does anyone run the OnScreen software?

I normally close mine or never run it at start up.

Decided to try running to to force full screen etc and now let it start at startup and I am not getting the screen error so far, always wakes correctly!

Anyone else tried this? I will update and see what happens, wondering if this is a lock screen issue!

0 Kudos
vidko
Adept II

I had it disabled. But will test it as well. You got any update? It has been three hours since your last post 🙂

0 Kudos