cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ezacu
Journeyman III

Adrenaline 2020 drivers not supporting OpenGL

I have been trying to play Minecraft for the past week since I have updated to Adrenaline 2020 and every time I get an error that states that my driver does not appear to support OpenGL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times and tried reinstalling and uninstalling my older drivers and even with the old drivers OpenGL still does not work anymore. This seems to be a problem created by the new drivers and I have not been able to fix it. I have attached 2 images of my GPU's using GPU-Z. I feel as though that my graphics can support OpenGL but the driver does not install and through all of the reinstalls it has never installed.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Mewash3re
Journeyman III

@ezacu wrote:

I have been trying to play Minecraft for the past week since I have updated to Adrenaline 2020 and every time I get an error that states that my driver does not appear to support OpenGL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times and tried reinstalling and uninstalling my older drivers and even with the old drivers OpenGL still does not work anymore. This seems to be a problem created by the new drivers and I have not been able to fix it. I have attached 2 images of my GPU's using GPU-Z. I feel as though that my graphics can support OpenGL but the driver does not install and through all of the reinstalls it has never installed.

I have the same problem 

0 Likes

You have a laptop with Intel/AMD graphics?

Information required when posting a question:

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

Did you update the Intel driver from Intel support before installing the AMD driver?

0 Likes
Nimbus1983
Journeyman III

Has anyone managed to fix this? I was forced to update the drivers recently and now am faced with this very problem. I have tried every "Fix" on youtube or other forums and nothing has worked. Even adrenalin itself fails to recognize the OpenGL version as it shows unavaliable. It not only affects minecraft, it affect every program that uses OpenGL. I have several games and video editors that use OpenGL and i am currently stuck having to use my old pa for video editing. I have a pc not a laptop btw.

0 Likes

By default...laptop internal graphics handle OGL applications.
This is a old review but still relevant.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/Official-HP-statement-on-Switchable-Graphi...
0 Likes