cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

leon_n
Journeyman III

Adrenaline 2020 doesnt recognize Minecraft. what can i do?

I just got the rx 5700 xt RedDevil and now I want to play some Minecraft with my homies but i have a lot of graphics bugs and Minecraft is not shown in the games list of the adrenaline driver

14 Replies

You have to use 'Browse' and go to the game exe..select it.

0 Likes

the problem is that there is no exe file for minecraft that u can select

0 Likes

MS store game ? 

Encrypted game files cannot be accessed. Was the usual reason for not being able to add to games list.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I'm having the same problem, did you fix it?

same problem, did you fix the problem?

0 Likes
jcfb
Adept I

It is known that Radeons are not that great with opengl applications on Windows, that said Minecraft isn't that heavy and should run more than fine on a 5700xt. My recommendation is for you to use optifine and disable any other graphics mod you may be using.

If that doesn't solve the problem... well you could try linux, opengl performance is ok there and you could even run shaders quite well with your gpu.

0 Likes

You will have to use the Global settings then. Enhanced sync will work if applied, so will anti-lag and OpenGL triple buffering. Your Power Limit should be set to the highest + value..the slider all the way to the right and click apply at top of page. Play with all the other goodies after you have got it running.

0 Likes
SoloIcyy
Journeyman III

can we bring this post back to life? I have the same problem after 1 year of trying to fix it. This is a serious problem that AMD has completely ignored for a long time. 
btw I have the exact same GPU

0 Likes

Idk, it runs fine for me... Just created world - 350-450 FPS. No visible problems. So you may want to specify exact problems you get. 

@NorthenLance Adrenaline overlays are working on different principle. Try using RivaTuner. It should work fine with Minecraft. I may not have an official version of Minecraft, but in one i do have Riva works fine.

0 Likes
NorthenLance
Adept I

Well, it’s now 2022. I noticed it wasn’t there because I tried to play Minecraft Java with the overlay on, and the overlay doesn’t show up in Minecraft, but if I minimize it, I see the overlay still running on the desktop… any solutions to resolving this would be much appreciated!

0 Likes

I've had the exact same issue, and I believe it has to do with the way Minecraft handles being played in full screen. The overlay will not show over Minecraft if you are playing in fullscreen, but if you hit f11 and maximize the window, you should find the overlay will go above it now. Not sure why this happens, but if you really need it that should be a fix.

0 Likes

There are some solutions to be found on YouTube for this problem however none come even close to satisfactory when compared to OBS.

AMD just announced that they have been working with OBS on adrenaline (may need to fact-check that) let's cross our fingers they can implement something to fix this issue.

I'd love to be able to play Minecraft full screen and use something like MKV files that allow the mic, desktop audio and video to be stored all in the same file.

right now it produces two files that you need to sync up... yuk

0 Likes

DimkaTsv_0-1667559406570.png

You know that you can just NOT enable this checkmark and sound will be saved within recording, right? 

0 Likes
Tyc
Journeyman III

Still happening. Just courious to see if upscaling from 1k to 2k will help with shaders but no way to activate ALT+R in Minecraft apperently. It does not recognize even the base version... and I am playing modded. 

0 Likes