Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Qanatoz
Challenger

Adrenaline 2020 browsers crashing

When do we get new bug fixes?

It is annoying that with new drivers I got Firefox constantly crashing.

1 Solution

I found that on my desktop 20.2.2 WHQL would not allow the machine to enter standby. 20.3.1 fixed that problem. Go figure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

Chrome seems to be working OK

0 Likes

Is Firefox listed in your games setting?

Qanatoz
Challenger

Not listed. Double checked profiles. Downgraded to 19.12.1 and it is not crashing anymore.

It started to crash when Firefox 70 released. I think they added new GPU accelerated functionality and it is crashing.

At the same time my friends complaining that chrome crashing when they watching YouTube(this happens more rarely than Firefox's crashes).

Normally unchecking hardware acceleration fixes this issue...either in the browser or the video:

Not in this case. It ignored this option.

Also it looking like title bar become different color then it was before when it started to crash.

Tried latest beta of Firefox. It worked fine some time but after it updated crashes were so frequent that it forced me to do DDU and check again.

It only worked after complete downgrade to 19.12.1.

Qanatoz
Challenger

20.2.2 seems like stable for me (2 days without reboot with 1k+ tabs with different content, GPU accelerated Firefox not crashing)

I found that on my desktop 20.2.2 WHQL would not allow the machine to enter standby. 20.3.1 fixed that problem. Go figure.

0 Likes