cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jchap1590
Journeyman III

Adrenaline 19.11.1 on Win10 Insider Preview

I'm trying to get Radeon Software Adrenaline 2019 Edition 19.11.1 installed on Windows 10 Home x64 Insider Preview (build 19013, release 191025-1609) but it keeps failing with error 1603. I can successfully install Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 19.Q4 but I have issues with that driver causing my displays to go entirely green for a few seconds sometimes and my gamma correction also keeps getting reset for some reason.

I've tried running both online and offline SFC scans, "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and offline DISM using a clean WIM extracted from a Win10 ISO, all of which found no issues. I did a CHKDSK too for good measure. I also uninstalled and reinstalled all of the Visual C++ redists (2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015-2019). Windows is up-to date, all other drivers are up-to-date, my UEFI/BIOS is current, Windows Defender is disabled and I don't run any type of third-party AV software. I've tried a bunch of other things: express install, custom install selecting all options, custom install selecting only display driver and radeon settings, custom install selecting only the display driver, AMD uninstall, AMD clean uninstall, DDU uninstall in safe mode. nothing has worked.

The installer log, which I've attached is of almost no use at all, it just says "Package Manager The installation failed".

I am confused why the log lists another AMD device with a separate device ID on my system, though, because I don't have one.

GPU: Radeon Pro WX 3100

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400

MB: ASRock H370M Pro4

RAM: Crucial 2x 8GB dual-rank 2400MHz CL17

SSD: PNY CS3030 250GB

2x Dell SE2719H monitors connected via miniDP-to-HDMI

0 Likes
3 Replies

The driver packages are not designed for beta, insider builds, as insider builds are inherently unstable, and AMD does not have access to whatever Microsoft changed between them.

black_zion

I understand that. I just don't see why the newer Enterprise driver installs but the older Adrenaline driver doesn't, I would think the older driver would be more stable and "more compatible". I also don't know why the Enterprise driver is making my displays go green intermittently and resetting my gamma (19.Q3 did the same thing), and why both Enterprise and Adrenaline installer logs list another AMD device on my system which doesn't exist.

when I go to the drivers page for my WX3100 now, the Adrenaline driver is not available for download anymore so maybe there's an issue with the installer package that they're working on

0 Likes

To add to the previous reply,

You need to open a MS Support ticket using your Insider Preview to get any help.

Once the Insider Preview becomes official and available to download by Consumer via Windows Update, then AMD will start downloading supported AMD Drivers.

If you still are having the same or similar issues with the Official Windows then you can open another thread or open a AMD SERVICE REQUEST ticket (AMD SUPPORT).

0 Likes