Hello, i want to contact with the "AMD's Drivers Support Team" to tell them some minor but anoying bugs and posible improvements that i have found in Adrenaline drivers versions:
- Bug nº1: Wattman profiles only Works in the global tab. When i use wattman for some specific game profile (I.E. Fallout 4) it Works the first launch, the overclock is aplyed. But if i restart the computer the drivers don't aply the OC Wattman profile in that specific game, so i have to go to radeon settings, rollback profile changes and do it again. So im forced to use wattman only in the global settings. I would like to use underclocked settings for some games like CS GO and overclocked settings for other games like Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Bug nº2: Radeon Chill specific game configs not working properly. When i adjust the min and max chill for any game. It usually ignores the config and Chill ALL GAMES, with a range from 70-100 fps, instead of my configurated 60-80 fps.
- Bug nº3: Radeon Settings Frame Rate Limit Controll not working when vSync is enabled. I allways enable vSync in AAA games, but sometimes that games doesnt run rock solid 60 fps. So i like to cap fps to 30-45 to avoid fps fluctuations. To do it with radeon settings i have to disable vSync but the tearing kills me, so i have to use an external app like RadeonPro or Rivatuner to cap fps properly.
- Bug nº4: Radeon Settings GPU usage overlay monitoring not working. When i enable the radeon settings performance monitor overlay with gpu usage it constantly jump from 0% to 100% without any intermediate value. That information is obviously wrong, because when i use MSI Afterburner monitor it says 70-95% gpu usage. That problem was solved in MSI afterburning by enabling the "Unified GPU Usage Monitor" in general tab.
- Bug nº5: MSAA Overide Option and Morphological AA aren't working. I was going to enable built-in driver AA for Killing floor 2 when i realized that those AA options wasnt working. I tryed them in League of Legends with any results. It used to work in LOL with crimson drivers. MSAA setting has never worked for me.
- Improvement nº1: I would like to monitor Frame Time too. Without MSI afterburner, its impossible to see frame times with an overlay inside a game. Would be great if radeon settings had it in the supervisión tab.
- Improvement nº2: There is not a decent postprocessing AA option inside radeon settings. I use RadeonPro to force FXAA or SMAA in some games like Killing Floor 2 that seems to be jaggy for the lack of a properly AA option. I know that fxaa is a Nvidia AA, but it would be great if AMD implementate some AA options for games like TSSAA, TAA, MLAA, SMAA, etc. (Morphological AA isnt actually working and looks too blury).
If you want to communicate with AMD about your complaint...use one of the provided links. This is a user-to-user help forum.
As I'm sure you are aware...issues like these can/are caused by having any third party graphics controllers installed on your computer? Afterburner, trixx, Asus?
I installed Aferburner and RadeonPro AFTER i detected that bugs, drivers didnt let me to force VSync, cap FPS or see GPU usage, so i downloaded those "Third Party Apps". I would like to uninstall them to use radeon settings instead. I submitted an Email to AMD. Waiting for their response. Bugs persist in 18.3.4 versión btw.