cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

finattoh
Adept I

Adrenalin update gives me problems on Substance Painter and Marmoset

So, the 20.4.2 version of the Adrenalin graphics driver is the only version that dosen't give me troubles. Every version after that makes Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag 3 stop working propely. Substanc Painter has weird artiffacts on normal/height maps. In Marmoset, the application closes when i'm trying to bake my maps. 

I have a rx 5700 xt and a r5 3600. 

viewport_artifacts.jpg

(This image is not mine, but represent exactly what's happening on Substance Painter)

This is really anoying, cause i want a more optimsed version of the drivers, but i kept getting problems with it. Please send help. 

10 Replies
finattoh
Adept I

Some updates...

For Marmoset Toolbag, the only thing that dosent make the software to crash when baking is to set the "samples per pixel" to 1x, any thing above this end up on a crash. 

For Substance, i have to disable and enable the height and normal propeties from the material that is causing the artifacts, this way it disapear, but sometimes it comes back again.

Unfornately thats what i'm having to do to work! =/ 

0 Likes

Same CPU/GPU combo as yours, and also having same issues.  The old 20.4.2 driver does allow Substance to actually run without going all "not responding" mode, but it's just trading other early driver bugs for the use of Substance Painter again. Unfortunately those other bugs cause Blender to have stability issues now, I can do texturing on my Mac and modeling on my PC for a while, but I really hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes

But they can't 

0 Likes
Pwhite6
Journeyman III

Any updates? I'm running into the same problem as well. Anytime I want to scale the texture is crashes and stops responding. What's weird is that it was working just fine for a long time and then it started having those artifact problems. It's also odd that windows keep the app open and doesn't kill it. It just freezes up. Any workarounds? I also had a problem with Blender a few weeks back where it would let me render in Cycles and apparently they're fixing it for 2.91. I'm lucky to have a laptop that's able to run it but it's killing my workflow. 

0 Likes
finattoh
Adept I

13 updates since 20.4.2, not a single one of them has solve the problems with both the softwares. Think it's time to sell my 5700 XT. =/ 

0 Likes

I can't say that's a bad idea, to be honest.

Viktorthesorcerer
Journeyman III

I Just solved it by downloading and installing Radeon™ Pro software for Enterprise.

No rollback was necessary

0 Likes

Yeah, Radeon Pro 20.Q4 is a alternative to the main problem. Unfortunately it doesn't support newers games and stuff like that, but it's a working solution.

0 Likes

I do use the enterprise version on my Mac, but my other better performing rig gets used for gaming often, so I do prefer to have the Adrenaline gaming features on that machine.

But it sure would be nice to not have to choose, it has been almost three months since an update..........have they really not fixed ANY bugs in the last three months?

0 Likes

Since 20.4.2 not a single one of the Adrenaline drivers solve the problems with both the mentioned softwares. And i for sure agree, would be nice to not have to chose a version that works properly.