cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ThinqTanq
Adept I

Adrenalin Software Monitoring and Metrics Improvement Ideas

I bought a 6800XT last year unsure how it was going to perform as I went from an RX580 to a 1080Ti. I can say that I am very satisfied. My favorite bit (and I wasn't even considering it when I purchased the card) is the Adrenalin Software. I like that I can OC the card on the fly. I can change all sorts of different settings. And RSR has been a HUGE game changer for me personally. Recently I learned by accident. That if I had MSI Afterburner not running my performance gain was shocking. So I uninstalled it. I also realized at the same time that I can use the Adrenalin Software to monitor FPS in all games. This is useful to me for optimizing games to perform and look the way I want them to. There are three things that I miss and wish I could do with the Metrics Tab. 1) I wish I could select what metrics were shown when I had the overlay displayed. I know, I know. You can. BUT, you can't decide which ones specifically. Example. If I want to see my CPU and GPU temps I can turn on "CPU" or "GPU". However it displays EVERYTHING for those metrics. When all I want to see is the temps for both. 2) AMD's software doesn't talk to programs like AIDA64. Why is this important? Well I use a Pi Display in my case to show the metrics information of my system at all times. Sure I could just use the default metrics in the AMD software. However I can't customize it's look and as mentioned above I can't select the exact items I want displayed. And finally, 3) MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner have the ability to display things in the taskbar "overflow" on the windows desktop. This was a useful feature for me when out of a game. I could start a workload and see the temperatures at the bottom right corner. I really miss this feature as I have since uninstalled MSI Afterburner for the performance gain. I OC heavily on a custom waterloop so I fixate on temperatures as I should. What do you guys think?

0 Likes
1 Solution
FederaluL
Adept III

Points 1, 2 and 3 can all be sorted in Andrenalin software. 

Screenshot (386).pngScreenshot (388).png

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
FederaluL
Adept III

Points 1, 2 and 3 can all be sorted in Andrenalin software. 

Screenshot (386).pngScreenshot (388).png

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
0 Likes

Oof lol.

0 Likes