cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pokester
MVP

Re: HELP! Radeon Adrenalin Software 19.2.2 BSOD Crash

You are getting scripted answers not real help. Hopefully amdmatt is passing this along to engineering.

cesarin
Elite

Yes, I hope they can give the final solution to this problem.

pokester
MVP

I hope they get it fixed, but find a better saying than "the final solution" that's one of those you just don't want to say or hear.

0 Likes
xaldorn
Adept II

nz link not work can u send workin one pls.

0 Likes
cesarin
Elite

From AMD they responded to the request and sent me a possible solution to install the latest Driver without problem. This was:

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Restrictions

Check if the DenyDeviceID's has value "0" Zero. In case, a 1 means the devices are restricted and may not be installed, whereas the 0 (ZERO) means there are no restrictions.

If not "Zero" edit / modify (right click at DenyDeviceID's) the value to 0 (Zero). I believe there are only binary values allowed e.g. 1 or 0!

After I did set this value to Zero, the driver install completed.

But my problem is that when searching the folders in the Windows registry DeviceInstall\Restrictions These do not exist, I do not understand why?

Registry.png

kingfish
MVP

If you can't find it, how did you reset it to '0'?

After I did set this value to Zero, the driver install completed.

But my problem is that when searching the folders in the Windows registry DeviceInstall\Restrictions These do not exist, I do not understand why?

xaldorn
Adept II

same cant find the  DeviceInstall\Restrictions any help ?

adamdz
Adept II

Hi all I have the same graphics card AMD radeon hd r7970 hd 3GB I encountered the same problem when installing the last three updates : 18.12.2

Every time I install the update, the blue screen goes out and then the computer restarts continuously

I suspect problems updating the windows 10 but no The problem is not in the update

Please hurry up to find a solution to this problem

adamdz
Adept II

I also did not find to this folder !!!!! 

pokester
MVP

it's pathetic they have not acknowledged this issue yet.