cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

7sarmatae
Journeyman III

Re: Adrenalin Software BSOD Crash ON INSTALL (UPDATED May 13 2019) FINALLY SOLVED

Hooray! They finally arrived))). Working update from AMD 19.5.1-May13 2019.

viniabear
Adept I

Re: Adrenalin Software BSOD Crash ON INSTALL (UPDATED May 13 2019) FINALLY SOLVED

Works for me!
hockeymanjs
Journeyman III

Newest update successfully installed for me also!

j3ster727
Adept I

19.5.1 is still not working with my R9 Nano... Blue screen and crash every time... 

jdrobinson314
Challenger

Patch notes didn't reflect this as being fixed for the R9 Nano, ..and it honestly shouldn't have been lumped into this discussion by the original poster along with several other so called  steppings or generational variants of the 7970.

Start a new support ticket thread.

pokester
MVP

They R9 2xxx and 3xxx series issues are unrelated to the issue that the 7970 was. I have both series and the the R9 series is fixed by Running DDU with and reinstalling the driver with the Internet disabled and Fast Startup/Hibernation disabled. If that doesn't do it then the card is likely already permanently damaged from overheating. When they hang the temperature shoots up and people keep restarting and doing it over and over and it in many cases I think is killing the cards. Not blaming the users here either. It isn't their fault that for whatever reason Windows update and the drivers don't work right together through the install process. I never had to do this for my GCN 1.0 card or my latest RX580 to install but the R9 would do it every time. Again that issue existed before the 7970 issues and still does, but with the knowledge of how to handle the install you can get around it.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Thanks I  have decided to stay on Adrenalin 2019 19.3.2 on my PC's running multiple R9 Fury X/Fury/Nanos for now.
I will try 19.5.1. install on another machine which only has 1 R9 Nano connected as secondary GPU.
I will let you know if that installs o.k., but please open a new thread to discuss.
Thanks again.

0 Likes
indub
Adept II

I still have been unable to install any driver package since 18.12.1.1 with my R9 390X.  Today after installing Win 10 feature update 1909, windows attempts installing the newer AMD driver package automatically.  So just running windows update now forces my two computers into a boot loop.  FML

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

indub wrote:

I still have been unable to install any driver package since 18.12.1.1 with my R9 390X.  Today after installing Win 10 feature update 1909, windows attempts installing the newer AMD driver package automatically.  So just running windows update now forces my two computers into a boot loop.  FML

I recall having some 4-5 reboots to get all of the updates installed, then today the 1.0.0.4 B BIOS surfaced so I installed that and I noted my machine now runs way more stable

0 Likes
indub
Adept II

Oh, by boot loop I was referring to the driver install crash, not windows update.  When the driver crashes during install and the OS can't boot but continues to try, requiring going into safe mode to remove the AMD driver first.  The AMD driver update never came through my windows update before but now it is.  It only takes a couple mins to go into safe mode and remove the driver and restart normal, but its annoying af.  My two HP Envy's haven't had a BIOS update on the MB since 2017 but I don't think its related to the AMD driver install crash.  I can still only install up to AMD driver package 18.12.1.1.

0 Likes