Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cesarin
Elite

Adrenalin Software BSOD Crash ON INSTALL (UPDATED May 13 2019) FINALLY SOLVED

May 13 2019 UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

After 5 months and 13 days when the last functional driver was launched and after struggling with 13 failed versions and without any response, AMD FINALLY launches 19.5.1 version, which solves the installation problem and works as it should . Unfortunately for many all this time is an eternity for the solution of such a simple problem, but well, we hope it will never happen again and that there will be no new problems with Windows 10 May Update 1903.

We do not thanks for this solution, because it is an AMD DUTY to attend and solve all the inconveniences that arise to give support to its users, so we are not doing favors to thank. They are in the obligation to solve this type of problems, on the contrary, it is considered an excessive time for this solution. We hope that with this you also pay attention to an improvement in the service to your customers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that when you start your installation and when it reaches 33%, 50% or 62%, the PC is restarted and creating a blue  screen (BSOD) with the code 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, generated because of atikmdag.sys and in which it remains in a permanent restart cycle until it is restored to a previous configuration.

Install-y-BSOD.png

When reviewing the Installation.log file, it can be clearly seen that it is an error in the package that causes the installation to stop and fail.

[ERROR] - ERROR_DRIVER_PACKAGE_NOT_IN_STORE::[000000ADE1EF7F90] There does not exist an INF file in the driver store that corresponds to the INF file specified by DriverPackageInfPath.

LOG.png

The latest version that works is 18.12.1.1, November 2018.

There are several affected models, among which are HD 7970, R9 280X, R9 390X, RX460 etc.

List of things that I have tried

• Clean installation of Windows 10
  • Deactivating Antivirus Software and the Internet
  • Uninstall Old Drivers with DDU and AMD Cleaning Tool in safe mode
  • Test the Graphics Card in another computer.

List of failed drivers on install process

• 18.12.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 18.12.3 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.1.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.1.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.2.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.2.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.2.3 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.3.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.3.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.3.3 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.4.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation
  • 19.4.2 (Crash in 62% of Installation)
  • 19.4.3 (Crash in 50% of Installation)

339 Replies

ray_m wrote:

After trying MULTIPLE HD7970 gpu's, I was finally able to repro the issue with an ASUS card. 

This issue was reported to engineering who have provided me with an internal build of an upcoming driver.  This issue is NOT see on this internal build.

I will update this thread when this driver is launched, which is expected sometime in April.

Can you post the VBIOS for the cards as I would like to check them over with others from TechPowerUp and see if there is a problem with them.

TechPowerUp has lots of BIOS for video cards, lots need for them as digital coin miners often used unorthodox settings

iiatamanii
Adept I

Fix the problem installing VBIOS 015.041.000.000.000000 for the R9 280X I wrote earlier. The only problem with the R9 280X is the Hynix memory H5GQ2H24AFR and the HD7970 H5GQ2H24MFR. But with two VBIOS you can try. If everything is fine, we reduce the frequencies to workers and test.

333.gif

0 Likes

There really is no bios problem that began this current problem. None of us had issues with these cards in any way before these 2019 drivers. Maybe we end up having to resort to such a thing if AMD doesn't ever fix their driver issue that caused this. I have not seen a single mention in any bios update release note I just spent 3 hours researching that listed driver compatibility as being the reason for the updated bios. Plus none of those bios have been released in the time frame of the current issues, not even close. Many models of these cards have never even seen a single bios update, in fact the vast majority. So again if changing bios with a released bios made for a specific card by the company that made the card allows for a work around to the current issue thats great. I can't however recommend that anyone flash a bios in pursuit of a fix to an issue that I don't think has any root of being a bios issue until reverting to lifespan of drivers created for that same card and can still be reverted to and work perfectly are still viable. When that no longer works then yes you need to either try anything or give up on the product. AMD not responding in any meaningful way to this issue is more likely to lead those affected to giving up on the company.

Please don't get me wrong your bios solution is not a bad option it's just a shame that in the absence of real support these are the only options available.  So thanks for actually helping. Your doing more than those that should be helping.

cesarin
Elite

Since we touch the BIOS theme on these cards, at least the R7970 Lightning from AMD brings DUAL BIOS, which one is normal and the other is unlocked for extreme OC with LN2. My question is if anyone knows if this second BIOS on this card has hardware identifier changes or different voltage management from normal? Since in the available BIOS library there is no special for this second extreme mode on this card.

I don't know about the dual bios on that one. But the dual on mine is really just for choosing between being optimized for gaming or compute functions. Not really sure how when you flip those switches what the driver is looking at, I'd bet it does change something about how it identifies, but if that happens in hardware on the card or if the driver sees that or both, I'm not sure. Someone here probably has an educated idea on that.

AMD has already replied that they were able to reproduce the issue. They are working to correct it. It will be in a upcoming driver release, probably in April. What more do you want? Just sit back and relax...use a driver that works until a new one corrects the issue. The point has been made and further input is not required. Nothing new is being added. Let them do their job.

No response is necessary....but will happen anyway

"After trying MULTIPLE HD7970 gpu's, I was finally able to repro the issue with an ASUS card. 

This issue was reported to engineering who have provided me with an internal build of an upcoming driver.  This issue is NOT see on this internal build.

I will update this thread when this driver is launched, which is expected sometime in April."

Now it turns out that we can not comment while AMD "does its job", because I remind you that this is not a problem of a couple of days to which AMD gave us that answer to which it refers immediately, it is more to achieve that answer were almost 2 months of insistence in this post, so it is not too much any other collaboration or discussion about it, because if it had not been for us users doing tests and showing them the error, AMD would not have taken the trouble to consider it . So the one who should relax is you and let the post follow its course, any other aids, experiences or evidences welcome.

" Now it turns out that we can not comment while AMD "does its job"

Who said anything about you can't comment? People who come to this post only read the last few posts..not the 247 replies that came before...even Pokster didn't know @ray_m had responded. So adding more of the same just muddies things up for people who don't care or take the time to read all the responses.

The bottom line is:

ray_m wrote:

After trying MULTIPLE HD7970 gpu's, I was finally able to repro the issue with an ASUS card. 

I will update this thread when this driver is launched, which is expected sometime in April.

My apologies I had never seen this comment  below from ray before today not sure when he even said that. I just copied it from hardcore's post after yours. I scrolled through the earlier stuff and still didn't see it but there is like 300 posts at this point. I'm just tickled they are acknowledging the issue at this point.  I would point out though that mine is a saphire card not asus, and it has never had the bios updated and certainly it has never been customized for mining at any time. I bought the card off the shelf at Best Buy. So whatever is going on it's still a wider problem then just one card conflicting. It does sound like they are finally truly looking into it and I am glad for that. Cesarin is correct in his frustration of how tough it is to get AMD to acknowledge issues at times and I feel his pain. I also know you too and know you are only trying to help with pertinent information that is positive. I know I never saw that comment before so I am glad you pointed it out. I know that all any of really wants is to not have to spend our time complaining about this issue and for it to finally be behind us. If AMD gets that done by the end of April that is good enough for me. Thanks for sharing.

ray_m wrote:

cesarin
Elite

Micro stuttering problem SOLVED

Good afternoon everyone, researching everywhere I bring good news to those who are suffering from micro stuttering or display flickering on HD7970 or R9280, case that has been discussed in this post as well.

To solve this you must definitely install either MSI Afterburning or Sapphire TRIXX and enter the configuration and activate the Force Constant Voltage mode, after that, save this profile and start it with Windows default and goodbye problem.

Force.png

This problem was due to an incorrect power management of the card in 2D and 3D mode. By doing this procedure, the problem is solved completely since energy management will be constant for everything that is done on the PC, from surfing the internet to playing online.

With this we are solving a problem that afflicted us, now wait for the contribution of AMD to the solution of Adrenalin drivers in its next version.

I hope my contribution will be useful to those who have this fault just like me.

cesarin wrote:

Micro stuttering problem SOLVED

Good afternoon everyone, researching everywhere I bring good news to those who are suffering from micro stuttering or display flickering on HD7970 or R9280, case that has been discussed in this post as well.

To solve this you must definitely install either MSI Afterburning or Sapphire TRIXX and enter the configuration and activate the Force Constant Voltage mode, after that, save this profile and start it with Windows default and goodbye problem.

Force.png

This problem was due to an incorrect power management of the card in 2D and 3D mode. By doing this procedure, the problem is solved completely since energy management will be constant for everything that is done on the PC, from surfing the internet to playing online.

With this we are solving a problem that afflicted us, now wait for the contribution of AMD to the solution of Adrenalin drivers in its next version.

I hope my contribution will be useful to those who have this fault just like me.

That tells me the VBIOS has a problem. Check and see if there is a new ROM for your cards on your vendor's website/

0 Likes
adamdz
Adept II

The new version was sent today from AMD Radeon
We will install it and see if the problem is solved or not2019.04.01-20.20.png

0 Likes
adamdz
Adept II

Unfortunately this version does not work and a blue screen occurs when installed

19.4.1 Failed 

I know that they had said a driver to fix this issue will be coming later in April. It is very possible this new driver is not the one that is supposed to fix this issue and that the one fixing it is still coming later in the month. I would hope that since it was not mentioned specifically as being fixed in the release notes that maybe this was not the one intending to fix the issue. Since ray_m‌ was mentioning there was an internal build earlier maybe he can let us know if this is that build or not. 

I will update the thread when that build is released later this month.

These drivers are designed for the latest Win10 public release...you have?

0 Likes
cesarin
Elite

Another version plus the list! What is waiting so eternal!

492464d1342467246-avances-y-fotos-espias-277269_papel-de-parede-meme-virando-a-mesa_1600x1200.jpg

So, for anyone new reading the last page of this post, the bottom line is:

ray_m wrote:

Is this fixed in 19.4.1 or what is happening?

No, there is no solution at this time with this latest version, it is still the same as with all previous ones, we are all waiting for you to launch the version that correct this error definitely, promised for this month of April.

xaldorn
Adept II

im still waitin.

probably better than waiting till you get blue in the face, get on ebay and find cheap polaris class card 

lots of RX 580 cards and many with 8GB VRAM which will be helpful if you are into 3D mesh editing

0 Likes

They already said this would be fixed in a later release in April. So unless that fix comes and doesn't fix it, why would they need to replace a card they were happy with? Unless they were looking to upgrade anyway and would be a move irrelevant to the current thread. AMD said they are fixing this issue. Many people also trickle these cards down to other machines in their homes like I do. I should not have to replace a card that is still a great Photoshop card or good at video playback because it is no longer a current AAA game player. It doesn't make these cards useless. Not to mention they are still fully supported. It is just a driver bug. 

cesarin
Elite

That's right, I totally agree with Pokester, this card still has a lot of potential for current tasks, and it's not worth throwing it away because of the same manufacturer and its incompetence to update the driver and make it 100% compatible and free of errors. Hopefully in this month do not take more excuses or delay the release of this correction that we are all waiting for.

So for the people who read this post....and don't read all 11 pages...the bottom line is:

The bottom line is:

ray_m wrote:

chispy
Adept I

Sadly i'm also having this bug and i cannot install any newer driver than the last one made in November 2018  , the problem does exist on my 2x Asus Matrix Platinum HD7970 alone ( single card ) or crossfire cannot install this or newer drivers since Nov. 2018. There is a a huge number of people still using HD7970  video cards as they still very capable video cards for gaming or working also they are currently still supported. Please AMD release a driver fix for the HD video cards asap as it has been a very long time and we all still having this same bug ... Thank you.

I reported this to AMD support and this the answer i got from the customer support at AMD - 

""  Thank you for the response.

I will make a note of this issue and will forward to our internal relevant team within AMD for further consideration.

Thanks for contacting AMD. 

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Tarun

AMD Global Customer Care  ""

ferskoer
Journeyman III

Driver Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2 similarly, it leads to BSOD. 
Win 10 64

adamdz
Adept II

Hello all
The new update has reached 19.4.2 from AMD
Does anyone try to update on RADEON 7970 and does it work properly ????
Please respond friends

Msi 7970 lightning crash 62%.

adamdz <amd-external@jiveon.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. ápr. 16., K

14:10):

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Adrenalin Software BSOD Crash HD 7970 and R9 280 (UPDATED April 1

2019) in Drivers & Software

• 19.4.2 Crash in 62% of Installation
cesarin
Elite

It seems incredible to me that AMD after promising that it was solving the problem and that it already had a beta version of the driver, now launch a new version where the problem is not corrected for the 7970's and not even mention the problem in the section of Known Issues.

What happens ray_m and all the rest of technical support? You yourself told users that the next version that would come out in April supposedly corrected the failure for the 7970's. Is it a mockery to users? I find AMD disrespectful to its customers. How many more versions will we see leave before they solve the problem? or is it that they will never solve it and they are deceiving the people who have this problem? please be honest and tell the truth.

I get the frustration but they didn't say it would be this driver either. I do think it should be acknowledged as an issue. However they have not acknowledge the drivers not loading on R7 and R9's either and that has been an issue far longer than this. They only said upcoming in April. We still have the rest of the month before AMD is breaking a commitment. 

I really do not need the rest of the month to know that AMD is not going to solve anything, but let's wait for what I'm saying to become a reality. Incredible that they still have some faith after being awaiting the solution for 12 versions.

0 Likes
xaldorn
Adept II

....... really amd really...

0 Likes
cippo95
Adept I

I see that the problem is still unsolved... very bad stuff! 

In the meanwhile i have bought a 1060 6GB with my spare money, i have solved all my problems that i had with that card, now i have: no flickering at all, low noise and very low power draw with my multimonitor setup.   

Good luck boys, i'm out of here.   

7sarmatae
Journeyman III

windows 7 x64

radeon r9 280x

19.4.3 Crash in 50% of Installation

cesarin
Elite

Already with this new version 19.4.3 released today, again the problem of BSOD in the installation with HD7970 and R9 280X is still not solved. I think it's time for us to get a definitive answer from AMD, to know if they are going to correct the ruling or if, on the contrary, they gave up and not waste any more time on this issue. It is obvious that the whole month of April ended practically and the problem for the users of these cards was not solved.

Please ray_m Empleado give us an answer about what is happening inside AMD with this problem to know what to do from here on.

0 Likes
adamdz
Adept II

Hello all
  The new update has arrived from AMD 19.4.3
Does anyone try the update on Radeon 7970
And whether it works or not

0 Likes

Hi Adamdz, no, it does not work, it's still not solved by AMD and practically it's going to end April and they did not fulfill what they promised. I find a very serious lack of respect with all users who are affected by this problem and do not even pronounce themselves on it. We demand answers.

adamdz
Adept II

I started to get bored of this dirty style and lies every time they tell you there is a new update in the month of April and I have received three updates and not one of them
We demand. With clear answers about the fate of the graphics card AMD RADEON 7970
And how long we are waiting while there are errors in the old version. And we suffer from it
All games require the latest update of the graphics card
Give us a clear answer just to understand what we're doing