cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GlassBee
Adept I

Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 [Performance/Stability]

I get 2x the performance with the latest Adrenaline 22.5.2 driver in Legue of Legends. From ~180fps to ~400fps. This doesn't apply to all games: SC2 seems rougly the same fps.

But ... this new driver periodically crashes for me: black screen, requiring hard reset. My hardware is ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX6700XT-O12G-GAMING. Anyone have the same experience?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I see in the known issues of this release:

Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.

I am guessing that what is called a flicker here may be what I am seeing (except crash better captures that the system becomes unusuable and does not recover). I guess I need to keep using 22.5.1, skip 22.5.2 and wait for the next release.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GlassBee
Adept I

I probably should have listed the rest of my components:

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600
CORSAIR RMx Series RM850x CP-9020180-NA 850W
SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 500GB

0 Likes

I see in the known issues of this release:

Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.

I am guessing that what is called a flicker here may be what I am seeing (except crash better captures that the system becomes unusuable and does not recover). I guess I need to keep using 22.5.1, skip 22.5.2 and wait for the next release.

0 Likes

Absolutely garbage driver.

22.5.2 makes my computer not coming back from sleep + driver timeout crash when screen goes idle. It's also a stuttery mess in a lot of games.

21.10.2 is rock solid here tho.

0 Likes

Discovered a way to get my fps on the old driver (22.5.1) to match that of the new driver.

1. Switch into and out of windowed mode (in LoL).

I further managed to squeeze extra fps (measured during the initial 5-10 seconds of the game) for consistency. From ~800fps to ~1135fps by turning off hyperthreading in the bios and using cpu affinity to dedicate 3 cores for the game only.

This optimization woked for LoL but did nothing for sc2 (for those trying to use it for everything). 

0 Likes