cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gp123
Adept I

Adrenalin Driver upgrade fails for AMD Radeon R9 M390 Windows 10 Boot Camp on Mac

I have gotten away with ignoring driver upgrade warnings in the past but today Far Cry 6 failed to launch. "Unable to start the game" Drivers are not up to date. I followed the instructions in the AMD installer error message (below) to resolve any PCI device or PCI Express warnings. I did not see any. Also error 173 says no AMD hardware was found (What!) Anyone else with this issue?

Current Driver Packaging Version 17.10.3101.1006-170720a-316479C

Current Radeon Settings Version: 2017.0720.1406.23566

Installer that failed: radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.5.2-win10-64bit-legacyasics-june21-legacy

Windows 10 Home edition. Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB

Error: 173  can be caused if Radeon™ Software Installer has detected that the current system does not contain AMD Radeon™ graphics hardware.

If your AMD Radeon™ graphics card has been properly installed per manual instructions, please check Windows® Device Manager for possible conflicts under System Devices.

Look for any yellow exclamation mark link to either any PCI Express or PCI devices. If present, this issue needs resolving before Radeon™ Software can be successfully installed.

To resolve device conflicts, right-click it and select Uninstall device from the menu options. Restart the system and check Device Manager to see if the conflict has been resolved. NOTE! This step may require repeating until all conflicts are fully resolved, even when only one device is affected.

0 Likes
1 Solution

What OS version? Do you have a APC? Which one? What processor?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

What OS version? Do you have a APC? Which one? What processor?

0 Likes

This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info. I thought I was following instructions from Apple support for upgrading the drivers

gp123_0-1633661369620.png

0 Likes

Thanks Kingfish. You were right. I went back and reread the instructions. I missed a step which was to ignore the drivers in the menu and pick Mac Boot Camp Drivers from another list.

Boot Camp Unified Driver R5 for Windows 10

Glad you got it sorted. You might want to check for updates to the Intel (integrated) graphics. This is to support the 'switchable' graphics function. Check the Intel site here and run the update finder. You might find other updates available.

0 Likes