Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Adrenalin driver breaks Command & Conquer games

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm also having problems starting C&C kanes wrath. Tryied to delete current amd sofware and installed that 18.1.1 version. Still doesnt work. I have installed 18.3.3 version now and still no help. When is this going to get fixed so it works properly?

PC specs:

Radeon Software Version - 18.3.3

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1040 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

dx9 problem.jpg

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hello,

This should be solved via the new drivers. The remaining issues in C&C 3 + add-on are 1) the wrong color for Tiberium, & 2) an overall excessive brightness. A kind of excessive brilliance on the battlefield. The second is more embarrasing I think. Because of that, units are sometimes difficult to see.
I think you should try reinstalling directx 9c, because some directx9 files may have been broken by older broken drivers. And that's what I did successfully.

Link for Directx9c : Download DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Did they fix the color issue in 18.5.x or 18.6.1 ?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi Szaby59, I can confirm the latest drivers finally fix the colour issue.  I updated and played at the weekend and now see the lovely green glow of Tiberium again the way it should be without pink.

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Tiberium color fixed, finally !

I'm using v.18.5.2.

Excessive brightness is still there, but that's mitigable with meticulous settings adjustments.

0 Kudos