Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Adrenalin driver breaks Command & Conquer games

Jump to solution

AMD Team you are the underdogs, I love an underdog, its you that pushes the technology tree, the top of the table just stagnate progression we have seen this all too much.

Please just study the atiumdag.dll your debugger should easily solve this hiccup.

Have a great holiday AMD Team.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

are you serious mate?

First of all the game ran fine before the driver update so its clearly a problem on your end which you can easily fix with a hotfix.

Secondly this is not "Big mother truckers" its arguably the best Command and Conquer game ever created if not the RTS game.

Thirdly multiple command and conquer games are suffering from this issue.

Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

The games worked fine before Adrenalin so obviously an issue caused by the driver. Breaking older titles with new driver releases, then not fixing it because they're "old" is not okay, especially since more games are affected (I've heard about Witcher 1), so it must be a more common issue. We understand it's not the highest priority, but breaking something then making excuses to abandon it is not a very responsible behavior from a company...

Not to mention this 10 year old title alone has more online players currently on steam only than some new titles (khm. Ashes of the Singularity...) on which you still spend "engineering resources".

TW, KW, RA3, Uprising have around 1500 players combined daily on Steam which doesn't include players of the origin or ultimate collection version. We don't ask for performance optimizations for a 10 yr old title, just fix what's been broken by your latest driver branch. Thanks.

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I hate to be harsh, but it takes "valuable engineering resources" to fix something that has worked on every single Catalyst and Crimson driver, right up through November of 2017? Fixing this is THAT much of a challenge? For an outfit that is struggling to win, or just maintain, the hearts and minds of the PC gaming public, this is a very strange strategy.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

UPDATE:

Thanks for all your feedback!  Based on the information received for this particular issue, I'm glad to inform you that we are looking to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

I'll let everyone know once a fix is available.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

CPU: AMD FX 8350

GPU: 1x reference Sapphire RX 480 8GB rev.B

driver: 17.12.1

Games without mods.

1x monitor 1080p

No problems with these DX9 games:

CS:GO

Portal 1

Portal 2

Team Fortress 2

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2: Episode One

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

Garry's Mod

League of Legends

GOG games

Not work:

Command & Conquer 4 - Tiberian Twilight -> game crash on EA intro

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Yea ray_m, that's right. OUR feedback. You know the feedback you tried to stop by locking threads so we could not diskus it.

The same you do with OpenGl.

INHMWzv.jpg

Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

And i was wondering why this topic disappeared from the community forum

Shame on ray for treating us with the middle-finger

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Looking forward to testing the fixed driver since the current drivers don't work on either of my 2 gaming PC's, both AMD.

AMD FX 8350

ASUS Strix R9 380

16GB DDR3 2133MHz RAM

Latest Win 10 Pro

and

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Sapphire RX 580

16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM

Latest Win 10 Pro

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

It crashes in atiumdag.dll

CONTEXT: (.ecxr) eax=00000000 ebx=00000030 ecx=000000c0 edx=00000000 esi=244f8988 edi=244cf6d0 eip=682ac9a6 esp=1734f968 ebp=1734f980 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010297

atiumdag!XdxInitXopAdapterServices+0x24b416: 682ac9a6 8b448808 mov eax,dword ptr [eax+ecx*4+8] ds:002b:00000308=????????

Resetting default scope

FAULTING_IP:

atiumdag!XdxInitXopAdapterServices+24b416 682ac9a6 8b448808 mov eax,dword ptr [eax+ecx*4+8]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: (.exr -1)

ExceptionAddress: 682ac9a6 (atiumdag!XdxInitXopAdapterServices+0x0024b416) ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation) ExceptionFlags: 00000000 NumberParameters: 2 Parameter[0]: 00000000 Parameter[1]: 00000308 Attempt to read from address 00000308

Reading from 0x00000308 ? Nice code AMD ! Seems that eax is null and this move should be skipped ? or eax is incorrectly null, it will be so easy for you (AMD) to analyze this with symbols, I think it will take about 30min of yours "valuable engineering resources" ...