Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

Re: Adrenalin driver breaks Command & Conquer games

Jump to solution

It happen to me too Uninstall the driver and install ver 17.7.2 and wait until they can fix it

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, C&C 4 Tiberian Twilight and C&C Red Alert 3.

Uninstalled useless new driver and reinstalled 17.7.1 and all 3 are now working again.

Other problems with the latest driver included glitching, flickering, screen going blank for several seconds, radeon settings manager crashing, relive failing to load, severe drops in fps...

Windows 10 Pro v 1709

Radeon RX 580

Ryzen 7 1800X

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Drivers shouldn't break applications anyway especially such as these games that are all using a standard DirectX 9 API. If anything it's just going to encourage people to switch to Nvidia.

Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

We even created a mod that removes all ''Superweapons'' and modified the Ai to build massive base's which is a completely different way of playing this game its Epic.

There's a mod that increases the allocated memory from 2GB to 4GB, makes a big difference.

Bloody Hell.

Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

3rd time comment blocked.

What the hell do you want me to write I haven't offended you either WTF

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

UPDATE: Thank you for changing your mind about this issue and keeping your costumers (myself included) happy.

Best Regards and a happy new year.

OLD TEXT: Dear Sir, while we appreciate the response, choosing to break older games for the sake of new mandatory driver features is a big fat middle finger to gamers.

It is completely unnaceptable for us gamers to have our games broken just because AMD feels like it.

Its nonsensical to ask a game which is almost 10 years old to be updated to work with your drivers. Please fix this issue which is clearly a fault of your drivers and not the game itself.

Furthermore i would like to add that youre not talking to a xbox360 player, you are talking to computer enthusiasts which expects a 600€ graphics card to be able to run a petty game from 2009.

Best Regards,

Eugen.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

The new update breaks The lord of the rings: Battle for middle earth 2 as well. I think it uses the same engine as C&C.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes it does. Although C&C Generals is not affected.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

"This title is from 2007, so we are unlikely to devote any valuable engineering resources to this issue, which is most likely caused by outdated API modules."

You can be an outdated API module

Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

It's so sad that i even have to say this to you.

As long as old games works with nvidia we will get a card from them the next time if you won't fix this.
They are even faster than AMD so that's a bonus. So what if they are more expensive if they WORK with the games we play?

Is this an equation to hard for AMD to comprehend?

Maybe there will come a time when the OS and hardware are no longer compatible with older games. We have to accept that.

But that time is NOT here yet.

So don't talk to us about "outdated API modules". That's BS.

AMD need all the goodwill it can deliver.

So pretty please with sugar on top, fix this issue.