cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Lummoxicide
Journeyman III

Adrenalin does not open

I'm no longer able to open the AMD Adrenalin software. Everything was stable with 22.5.2 version (the recommended version apparently)

I'm currently using Windows 11 Home 64 bit

I updated to 22.8.1 and started having issues, I Uninstalled NZXT CAM and the issues cleared up mostly.

I've since updated to 22.8.2 and have had nothing but issues, I've been unable to reliably open the adrenalin app. The last time I was able to open adrenalin, I attempted to start the automatic CPU overclock feature, after the restart I haven't been able to open adrenalin since.

I re-downloaded the adrenalin software and performed a factory reset back to the recommended version 22.5.2

Still could not open adrenalin at all

Next I used the AMD cleanup software that removes all programs and drivers except for the chipset drivers. Did another install of Adrenalin 22.5.2 

Still cannot get Adrenalin to open

I'm out of ideas, the last thing I was gonna try was the Guru3d display driver Uninstaller

Any ideas?

Aorus X570 Elite WiFi rev 1.0 (F35), 5600X, RX 6500 XT, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
7 Replies
pax
Journeyman III

Same issue

0 Likes
pax
Journeyman III

I could fix by using Windows settings to uninstall AMD Software and then install 22.6.1 again

0 Likes
marcopiano
Adept II

same since Saturday....no idea how to solve...very upset also because it's seems that this problem is knew by AMD..

0 Likes
marcopiano
Adept II

After installing the 22.8.2 everything is working well. Adrenalin software now open as before and run. I'm using Windows 10

0 Likes
Lummoxicide
Journeyman III

I'm still having issues with AMD Adrenalin and have not found a solution to my issue...still using windows 11, considering moving to windows 10

Aorus X570 Elite WiFi rev 1.0 (F35), 5600X, RX 6500 XT, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
0 Likes

Try DDU first and see if that helps. I just moved to 22.8.2 a few days ago and I'm on Windows 11. I haven't ran into any problems as of yet. I swear by DDU and never had a problem using that either.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
Denmer
Adept II

I had a similar issue before I rolled back to 22.5.1 due to other reasons. The way I fixed it was using DDU to uninstall and disabled Windows automatic driver install for hardware. You might be able to do the same thing without using DDU, just disable the automatic install of drivers and then go into device manager and uninstall the GPU.

The setting is in System Properties > Hardware tab > Device installation settings > then select No. Though that means windows will no longer set up new devices.

No saying if it will fix the issue for you.

0 Likes