cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sushi-taco
Journeyman III

Adrenalin does not open

I completed a new build with an I9-9900k and RX 6800. I downloaded the AMD Radeon Software and it worked fine for a day. Now it will not open. When I click the shortcut it thinks for a second and then does nothing. I have tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling multiple versions and there doesn't seem to be any change.

0 Likes
6 Replies
denimore
Adept I

I've had this happen to me and it won't work until I restart. It's usually because Nahimic. After I uninstall that Adrenaline works fine. Then eventually Windows will perform an update and reinstall Nahimic without me noticing and I forget that's the problem. Stop the Services, Remove/Disable the Task Scheduler tasks, and then remove the device from Device Manager.

I recently found a Reddit post that shows how to prevent future installs with group policy editor. Guess I'll see if it works https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/gjp147/how_to_uninstall_nahimic_completely_and_prevent/

0 Likes
reda
Journeyman III

I have the same issue. Yesterday everything worked fine  i could open the software and change settings . Today the software doesn't lauch i tried to play games and click alt + r so it show it but no respond.  Finnaly i unistalled the software with drives and installed back but again didn't work. 

0 Likes

AMD Radeon Settings is a tool for managing all graphics card options, and it allows you to manually adjust its performance. However, some people noticed that the program only failed to start after a period of time. This problem usually occurs after users update their graphics card drivers.

0 Likes
reda
Journeyman III

0 Likes

Re-Install the driver and choose the Factory Reset option not express install and it should fix the software not opening. 

0 Likes

This worked for me provided that I first uninstall the software in control panel before doing a full re-installation with Factory Reset Option.

0 Likes