cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Rodrigo_sm
Journeyman III

Adrenalin and Pro Drivers, what should I do?

Hi, a few months ago I bought a AMD based pc, with a Radeon RX 5700 XT, my main purpose it's work with real time render softwares, like Lumion, Twinmotion etc. But when Im not working, I'll use the pc for gaming.

My question is, what driver should I install? Adrenalin or Pro? Or there's a way to install both and change between them?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
rss27
Journeyman III

Same question here.  But why isn't there a way ( or is there? ) to install both drivers and later choose which one you want to use within the OS by a mere single click of the mouse button? Or, make a video driver that incorporates the features of both.

I play games and use CAD, and want the best performance and compatibility of drives in both types of software.

The only current solution I can think of is to have a dual boot system where one OS uses one type of driver and the other OS uses the other type.

0 Likes
rss27
Journeyman III

See this:    https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/changing-your-driver-options-with-radeon-pro-settings-user-guide.pd...

Apparently you have to install the Pro driver first using a custom install.  And, although it says it supposedly only supports the Radeon Pro WX 9100, they obviously made the Pro drivers available to our video cards ( I have a RX-480 ).

How well the Pro driver works for gaming video cards or how well the gaming drivers work for workstation cards is anybody's guess. Feel free to do some testing. I don't have the time to do that right now.

0 Likes

You either choose to install Adrenalin 2020 20.12.1 or you chose to install latest version of Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise. 
You cannot switch between the two any more. 

0 Likes

"You cannot switch between the two any more. "

Really? Why is that? Is this true for just the latest edition of these drivers? Have you tried doing it yet?

0 Likes