cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theprobo
Adept I

Adrenalin 22.7.1 Rendering Lag

Hello ive got RX 6800 and with Adrenalin 22.7.1 ive got rendering lag 90% in OBS and cant use application on 3 fps

on previous drivers issues are nonexistent.

im using Windows 11

33333.png

10 Replies
RyZeN7457
Journeyman III

i have the same problem, it lags pretty bad when gaming and/or browsing, but is not only the app is the entire pc, i noticed that the CPU usage sky rockets and GPU also but not as bad as the CPU, it creates a lot of visual and audio lag in games, specs :

CPU : Ryzen 5 2400g

GPU : RX 6600 

RAM : DDR4 16GB ADATA 2400

7200 RP HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA

Can confirm.

RX6800

R5 2600

470 MoBo

Videos in general playing in browser are lagging like **bleep** . ( And lag your system out )

When you click outside of your browser the lag stops and video plays normal.

Fix for me ( not a fix):

Rolled back to 22.5.X

I'm having issues with AMD Radeon RX 6600 driver version 22.7.1. The issues that I had are as below--

1. While running Fall Guys, the entire system lags if the following is done-
    a) Alt+Tab to another window.
    b) Minimizing by pressing Win+D once. Pressing multiple times works.
    c) Changing game to be in windowed mode.
    d) Trying to open a minimized window, which causes the game to maximize too.
  2. Previewing videos in any Steam game store page. Closing Steam doesn't always seem to stop the lag, monitor restart maybe needed.

For now, I have reverted back to 22.6.1 and it's working fine.

krchow
Journeyman III

same issue

- RX 6600 XT

driver version 22.7.1

massive lag and audio glitches when opening VLC or other media players.

0 Likes

Just have an update.

I just fixed this issue by upgrading my 2600 to an 5600x.

When I installed it yesterday I thought why not, and just loaded the 22.7.1 drivers. 

No problems whatsoever, also Sam is fully functional on MSI 470x gaming plus.

I looked miles for confirmation because it wasnt showing up in the drivers at first. I just reinstalled the driver after I changed my bios 4g settings and the other setting I don't remember( they over one of each other in the bios).

Just the latest bios did the job, could even use my old CPU, that's another thing I tried hard to confirm it first but doesn't found a clear statement for this MB.

I just thinking that the 22.7.1 aren't made for older amd CPU/intel , or the bugs will even out after a while.

Good luck everyone 

0 Likes

Ive got newest bios on Z590 Aorus Ultra (F7a also tried @ F6) + i7-11700k 
so i must find another answer. 
AMD Customer Support didn't even reply.

So now im stuck @ 22.6.1

0 Likes

Mate now I have the exact same problem in a game: D2R. Cant tab out fullscreen / cant play windowed mode. You got any solutions now?

0 Likes

They claim to be fixing everything but the performance issues for chromium based browsers video stuff on dual monitor sets ups in a driver at some point this month. Copy paste from known issues notes of latest drivers.

• Users may encounter dropped frames during video playback using hardware acceleration on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
  • Display may briefly show corruption when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
  • When Vertical Refresh Sync is set globally to Always Off, system stuttering or driver timeout may occur during video playback using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]
  • Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.2]

0 Likes

Ah nice, so I can turn on the hardware acceleration again?
Only problem now is 1 game that stutters like hell when tabbing out

0 Likes
raycald
Journeyman III

amd RX 6500 xt 

ryzen 5 1600

win 10

when I tried the amd drivers :  22.11.2 ,  22.11.1,  22.10.2,  22.5.1

I got such BAD lag that i couldn't play the game, after uninstalling them all, just using the windows default drivers, the game runs nice and smooth, no more lag. 

Maybe one day amd will come out with drivers that work.

0 Likes