cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gary_Webb
Adept II

Adrenalin 22.5.2 display issues

There seems to be a problem with the Adrenalin 22.5.2 drivers displaying chrome correctly in GTA 5. It comes out kinda like a dirty black chrome, as if it's been in a fire and is covered with soot. Just thought I'd mention it. It's no big deal really, as it doesn't affect gameplay as much as the regular BSOD's and having to manually set the fan speed before launching games.

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-A (AM4), AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 32.0GB Dual-Channel GSkill, AMD Radeon PRO W6800,  Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB, Windows 11 Pro.

0 Likes
5 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

I saw the same thing playing world of warships so I rolled back to 22.5.1 and turned off driver updates in windows as it tried to force a driver on me.

Gary_Webb
Adept II

Gonna try the new Enterprise driver. Not hoping for much, tbh. The W6800 is a very capable card, and I do get it's not designed to be a gaming card, so I'll just battle with workarounds until I can afford Nvidia (in a couple of months time).

0 Likes

Ok, so the new Enterprise driver didn't solve it. The 'chrome' seems to be reflecting the ground, but not the sky, so it appears largely black (the whole black panels are supposed to be chrome). See attached image.Chrome-problems.jpg

0 Likes

Now gonna try Cyberpunk, to see how long it takes to BSOD, coz I'm guessing that ain't fixed either.

0 Likes

Haha, with ray tracing turned on, Cyberpunk lasted less than 15 seconds. BSOD, steaming hot card, hardly any increase in fan speed. Surprised? Not at all. For a £2,000+ card, this is a joke. Not a chance in hell I will be buying AMD next time.

0 Likes