Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

llares
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 2020 - Error 212

Hi all,

trying to install the new Adrenalin 2020 driver on my Win 10 x64. Getting error 212 at the beginning of the installation and can't solve it. Here the AMD problem and solution:"

Possible Cause

By default, Radeon™ Software Installer checks for disk space during installation. The installer will terminate if it has detected that a Windows® default user folder is attached to a mapped network drive, which it cannot access.

Windows® default user folders are; Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos. These folders are created by Windows® and associated to an individual user account.

Solution

Please move the Windows® default user folder that is currently attached to the mapped network drive to a local drive (such as C: drive), before installing Radeon™ Software. Once Radeon™ Software installation is complete, you may undo the change above.

More information about configuring Windows® default user folders, please refer to Microsoft® article: Configuration of the My Documents folder"

I have one network drive connected and my libraries are also on the network drive, but the personal folders are still on c:\  I checked the registry, but it's the same. 

I also created a new admin-user and turned of my securtiy- suite, but still get the same error.

Though I do not understand, why this check is necessary anyway and why it interrupts installation (very most programs let me choose installation direction), any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

11 Replies
rro
Journeyman III

Have absolutely the same question. It's totally dumb and unnecessar to check on network shares.

I think it's a developer glitch while building the installer... Elsewise, AMD, please let us know :-)

tekhawk
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issues and the in software update is stuck at 0%...

chuck-john
Journeyman III

Bump. Most of my default user folders are located on a NAS, and I've never had driver update issues until now.

Very eager to try Adrenalin 2020. Please fix, AMD!

vool
Adept I

I'm having the same issue, and I don't even have a mapped network drive. I just have my default user folders on a bigger internal hard disk D:

And this configuration has been like this since day one, never had trouble installing anything. Moving the user folders to another location is standard procedure provided by the Windows user interface, driver installation should be able to deal with that.

Can we get a comment on the issue?

0 Likes

Driver issues should be reported to AMD > https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

You're right, thanks. I reported this as a bug. Thankfully djbinvt‌'s suggestion worked for me until AMD can resolve it.

0 Likes
djbinvt
Journeyman III

After the download is extracted to the C:\AMD folder and the Setup Error message appears, close the Error Message.

Launch Windows 10 Device Manager, Windows Key --> enter "device Manager" .  Select Display Adapters --> AMD Radeon.  Right click and select update driver.  select the option to browse your computer for driver.  Point to C:\AMD enter.  This installed the new drivers for me without using the setup.exe routine that seemed to be recognizing OneDrive and local NAS Drives.    Hope this helps others to get past this install error..

Yep. That worked. Thx for the reminder :-)

That worked for me, too, many thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes
wdmlist
Adept I

To install if your user account won't allow the install:

- Create a new user with ADMINISTRATIVE permissions in Windows (google how to do that too many different ways) with a good password

- log out of your user account and log into your new account

- Install the driver

- Log out of temporary user

- Delete user account and all of it's files (best to not have extraneous accounts hanging out there)

-- If the temporary account still shows up in C:\Users\ after deleting the account you can delete it by right clicking on This PC >  Properties > Advanced System Settings > User Profiles Settings > Highlight User account and select Delete.

0 Likes