cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kenetsuu01
Adept I

Re: Adrenalin 2020 Edition switchable graphics problem

found the solution and culprit you just have to downgrade the driver way back to early 2019 because i dont know what the hell amd did for mobile gpu because it wouldnt work on latest version nowadays!!

0 Likes
floofers
Adept I

Gah.. I don't have the Switchable Graphics option appearing anywhere..
All that shows up is Intel(R) Graphics settings

0 Likes
floofers
Adept I

Does that work with the lastest ver of Win10 though?
Also which ver of the software predates this?

0 Likes
loz
Journeyman III

Acer Nitro 5 with AMD Adrenalin 2020, switchable graphics

If your game is not recognised by the AMD Adrenalin software, it will probably default to the iGPU within your processor, ignoring your dedicated GPU. This will have a huge impact on performance. AMD have removed the Switchable option from their drivers relying on the Operating System to do it for you, which is very unfortunate, especially for those whom don’t like tinkering and just want their laptop to give the best experience. Below is a guide I made to get SOMA to use my RX 560X, even though I had set it to High Performance in graphic settings, it still only used my Vega GPU (this can be easily established by looking at GPU usage in Task Manager). It was my Power Settings causing it not to switch.

Hope this works for you:

From Power Options (Right click your battery Icon)

Select your active plan and select Change plan settings

Then select Change advanced power settings

pastedImage_1.png

Expand Switchable Dynamic Graphics and change to the following:

Global Settings

On Battery: Optimize power savings (Use integrated GPU)

Plugged in: Maximize performance (Use dedicated GPU)

*My plugged in was set to Optimize performance, which was causing the following options to be ignored, I didn’t change my On Battery settings.

Now Search for Graphics Settings and launch

pastedImage_2.png

Choose Classic app and Browse for your game’s executable, then click Options

Now choose High performance and Save

You game should now successfully use your dedicated GPU, but remember to set your power options correctly, otherwise it will ignore this setting.

shadow_cracker
Journeyman III

Just download Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise and you'll be good to go. It will bring back the previous Radeon Software.Screenshot (382)_LI.jpgScreenshot (383).png

0 Likes
tetriser
Adept II

Will that even work?

0 Likes
horuseus
Journeyman III

i dont know how to discuss this problem. So, i have a hp pavilion dm4 1113-tx laptop. It has an intel hd gpu and an amd radeon hd 5470 dedicated gpu. The gpu are installed with no errors.But when I enable both gpu at the same time the laptop crashes.So, i have to disable one gpu to use other  one . {6EA0DEEB-515E-46DA-9151-29A49414F415}.png.jpg

but the problem doesn't ends there. when the Intel igpu is active it works perfectly.No errors.But when i switch to amd gpu or enable amd dedicated gpu the problem starts. When I right click in desktop and click on the amd radeon setting this massage pops up:

{7C122C5B-43D1-49BC-80BA-D8B93642CC48}.png.jpg

so, i can't use the dedicated gpu. also there is no swithable gpu option in power setting or graphics setting in WINDOWS 10. ALSO I have tried reinstalling amd drivers but the problem remains. In graphics settings looks like this:{22A2A836-F7F5-447D-A2D3-240E9C9EEF4A}.png.jpg

No amd gpu option (igpu is disabled).In dxdiag the default dispaly adapter is:

{337E4454-6D8C-4962-B879-F5B92F3CA3A0}.png.jpg

the main driver is intel igpu. IN gpu-z there is nothing:

{CAD15DBB-9EC5-4215-B5D6-61D42FF27A84}.png.jpg

pls help me.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

horuseus
Journeyman III

bsod error 

video tdr failed

atikmpag.sys

0 Likes
hy2012
Journeyman III

i disabled it... i can't start minecraft now(T_T)

0 Likes