cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adrenalin 2020 Edition bug giving WiFi internet connection problems

The Radeon software is causing some conflict or whatever on my WIFI adapter TP-link TL-WN881ND. My graphic card is a Radeon Rx550 4Gb, tried Adrenalin 20.4.2 and 20.8.3 (most recent) and nothing changed. Before the software is installed, when the resolution is messed up, it works fine, once the installation is completed and the resolution fix itself, back with connection issues.

Gigabyte H81M-HD3 (bios: American Megatrends Inc. F2)
Intel Core i3-4130

Kingston DDR3 8GB (dual channel)

Radeon RX550 4G

Power Supply 500w

0 Likes
4 Replies

I got in contact with AMD and this is their reply.

--

Thank you for contacting AMD.
I understand you are having Wi-Fi connection problems after the GPU driver is installed.

I would like to inform that, there is no known incompatibility with a graphics card and a PCIe Wi-fi Adapter such as the one you are using. Therefore, first I would like to suggest a couple troubleshooting steps to help cover the issue software-wise.

• Remove driver booster or any other app that may install drivers on your system.
  • Make sure your Windows Installation is up to date. If you use Windows 10, access this link and press on Update now, download the upgrade tool and follow the recommended steps. If you have a previous version of Windows, access Windows Update and make sure the system is up to date.
  • Install the latest version of the BIOS and Chipset drivers for your motherboard. Follow the steps recommended by the manufacturer of the board to upgrade the BIOS if needed.
  • Download, without installing, the latest drivers for your graphics card, version Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Recommended (WHQL). Save the file locally.
  • Download the Display Driver Uninstaller and launch the app from Safe Mode (Recommended). On the Options menu there is an Advanced Option to prevent the automatic download of drivers from Window Update, please enable it. Select the device (GPU/AMD) and press Clean and restart.
  • After the cleaning and reboot of your system, delete the folder C:\Program Files\AMD and install the drivers downloaded previously.

Note: DDU is not a software developed by AMD, so use under your own supervision and responsibility. For more information, check the DDU user's guide.

If the problem persists, please provide us with a DxDiag report, which will offer important information about the components and drivers installed on your system, including conflicts or errors found by Windows:

1. Press the Start button in Windows.
  2. Type 'dxdiag' in the search bar. Select the dxdiag app from the results. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open.
  3. Select Save All Information. Save the txt file locally and attach it to your reply.

Please also provide us with the model and BIOS version of your motherboard.

I would also recommend you contact TP-Link for some possible, additional troubleshooting.

0 Likes

If you follow this advice:

"On the Options menu there is an Advanced Option to prevent the automatic download of drivers from Window Update, please enable it. Select the device (GPU/AMD) and press Clean and restart."

Make sure you do not try to install with Factory Reset Option selected.
It freezes the installer.

0 Likes
yoshy262
Adept I

I have the same issue with my Ryzen 7 5700G.

I did a new build with no video card, only APU.

AsRock Deskmini x300, Ryzen 7 5700G, 16 gb, and 2 x 500gb ssd.

After Adrenalin installation my WIFI module was dead (Intel AC-3168), doesn't matter what I did tested or windows reinstalled the wifi doesn't want to work anymore.

I did a simple thing, after 12 hours of fiddling around, I did switch from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and my issue was gone.

Now is working without any issues anymore.

Windows 10 and my build got last drivers possible and latest bios update.

Simple solution, too bad that I waste so much time.

0 Likes

Hola, yo tuve un problema similar con mi tarjeta adaptadora de red (Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family controler). Al instalar los drivers "Adrenalin 2020 Edition" perdía mi conexión a internet y no se restablecía hasta desinstalar dichos drivers.  Pude solucionarlo gracias a este video.

El proceso consiste en dirigirse a:

1) Administrador de dispositivos.

2) Seleccionar el controlador de red y dirigirse a propiedades.

3) Administración de energía.

4) Desmarcar la opción que dice:  "permitir que el equipo apague este dispositivo para ahorrar energía" .

Mi componentes son: 

-Ryzen 5 5600G.

-Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus.

-Kingston DDR4 16GB (dual channel).

-SSD NVME ADATA Falcon 512GB

Saludos. 

0 Likes