cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.1 install causes automatic repair loop in windows 10

If you have no AMD driver installed, Windows 10 will install them.
Go to Hardware and sound -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters. 

What do you see? 

If you see Microsoft basic display adapter then no amd driver installed. 
If you see the name of the GPU, Microsoft will have gone and done its dirty business on your PC and probably installed a very old driver.   

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.1 install causes automatic repair loop in windows 10

It just says microsoft basic display adapter

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you been able to finally load a driver prior to 20.11.1?

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

im not sure where to find drivers before 20.11.1, 20.11.2 came out today but Im honestly scared to even try it being that I finally got into windows. Other than that my system has been randomly restarting now so im hoping that stops.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630)

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

On the driver download page the there is a small blue text hyperlink the reads "Previous Driver" I wish they made this much bigger so it stuck out to people. If you ever need older drivers that precede what AMD has available guru3d dot com has a great repository of older GPU drivers going back years. 

Oh meant to say I understand being gun shy on the new driver. Guess all you can do is try if you feel lucky LOL. 

Also if you have a current driver installed and want to regress to an older driver, you should run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com to get a clean slate for doing that. If you are installing into a fresh windows install not necessary. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

After reseting windows I tried to download adrenalin 20.8.2 and it still put my system into an automatic repair loop. I'm completely stumped at this point and I have no idea what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos