Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andrey1p
Adept I

Re: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 - No "Streaming" tab

Jump to solution

You may also need to disable SVM in the BIOS of the motherboard.

For example, my tab «Streaming» appeared only after manipulating the BIOS.

How to do it?
For example, TUF X470-PLUS GAMING:

• We reboot the computer and press the «del» button.
    Once in the BIOS, press the F7 key
    or look at the bottom of the screen for the inscription «Advanced Mode (F7)»
  • Next, we need the «Advanced» tab
  • Next, look for the item «CPU Configuration»

• Going to the section, we are interested in the item «SVM Mode»;
    It must be switched to «Disabled»
  • Finally, go to the «Exit» tab and select «Save Changes & Reset».
    We agree to change the settings and the computer itself restarts.

0 Kudos
tom_rus
Adept I

Jump to solution

This is really bad change from AMD. There's zero reason to disable streaming when you have Hyper-V enabled and I've decided to fix this myself, since waiting fix from AMD will take forever.

And there's a fix: kill RadeonSoftware.exe with task manager, open RadeonSoftware.exe in your favorite HEX editor and change byte at offset 0x2C3453 (for version 10.1.2.1788, offset will change in other versions) from 0x74 to 0xEB, save file, and open RadeonSoftware.exe again (for example using context menu on desktop). Now you have streaming working...

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We are looking into this issue. Thank you for the feedback.

crosbyspace
Adept I

Jump to solution

Win 10 pro with enabled Hyper-V. Disabling Hyper-V resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
leyvin
Miniboss

Jump to solution

While that is a curious reason as to why ReLive would be disabled in the Drivers...

what I'm actually more curious about is., why the heck so many of you have Virtualisation Enables AND want to Stream?

Like SVM / Hyper-V makes sense to have enabled if you're cross-platform developing (i.e. running VM Linux, MacOS, etc.) or need to run multiple Web Server Instances... but for regular Desktop / Gaming Usage., what do you ACTUALLY need it enabled for?

This is like that guy the other day who wanted to use a SPM and was disappointed that his Motherboard (which already has the maximum SATA Sockets) didn't support it., all because he had 4 Hot-Swap Bays (which SPM doesn't support Hot Swap) on the front of his case. 

And again I just couldn't really figure out a Use Case Scenario where not just buying an Independent NAS wouldn't have provided him with all the functionality he could possibly have needed w/o restricting to a single Rig. 

0 Kudos
tom_rus
Adept I

Jump to solution

I run VM's on regular basis as well as play games.

I also have Ryzen Master patched in similar way as I patched RadeonSoftware.exe so it runs even with VBS enabled, no issues so far...

edmondvonersung
Adept III

Jump to solution

Supreme Leader confirms issue to originate from "Windows 10" Operating System software, once again.

0 Kudos
verysimplenick
Adept II

Jump to solution

Can you publish vbs patch for ryzen master? Here or on Reddit

0 Kudos
verysimplenick
Adept II

Jump to solution

Docker on windows uses hyper-v (wsl 2 doesn't released yet). I use it every day.

0 Kudos
anzmx
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

For me personally, I do Android Development, and thus i use hyper-v on the Android Emulator, and in this same pc i do gaming/stream daily stuff

0 Kudos