cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cobalt98
Adept I

Re: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 Black Screen After Log In

I cannot update any Radeon drivers as it causes my PC to crash when installing. After using amd cleanup utility I have just a black screen and a curser now. Looks like I have to reinstall Windows for the 10th time since getting a 5700 xt. System backups don't even work.

kingturtle134
Adept I

Reboot to safe mode, run the amd driver cleanup utility, and then reinstall an older driver. Should get you up and running. I had to do it a few times before I could log in. 

cobalt98
Adept I

The amd cleanup utility crashes my PC when I try to use it in safe mode

kingturtle134
Adept I

That sucks, can you at least uninstall the drivers in control panel? I've had luck with the 19.9 drivers. Maybe you could uninstall w/o the tool and try older drivers. Dealing with random black screens on older drivers beats not being able to log in at all. 

kingturtle134
Adept I

It's hard to believe AMD releases drivers in this state. I've never had a single driver issue with Nvidia. Last month I bought a rx 5700 and I've had contant issues. Outer worlds crashes, black screens, and now this. AMD needs to focus on making stable products before pushing them to the public. 

cobalt98
Adept I

Unfortunately the only thing that seems to work is a fresh windows install. I finally called amd support on this and hopefully they can come up with a solution

fgsfds
Journeyman III

I was experiencing a similar problem - a combination of error 99, error 192, and error 1604 not allowing me to uninstall or install AMD drivers, nor allow me to use the AMD cleanup utility. TL;DR the solution for me was to follow the steps listed here: Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers 
I then chose win7-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.1.1-jan9 as the version to install (the most recent one at the time of writing) with all default settings, no factory reset.

Long version: I followed every single step in the aforementioned error codes' guides to no avail. Here's a list of ~80% of the things I tried, in order: AMD Adrenalin Drivers Fix, Error 99, Error 192, & Error 1604 - Pastebin.com 

And an archive link just in case: AMD Adrenalin Drivers Fix, Error 99, Error 192, & Error 1604 - Pastebin.com 
Google & other search engine result tags: windows 7, windows 8, windows 10.

0 Likes