cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ifr0z3n
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 AMD Radeon Software Crashes

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 AMD Radeon Software Crashes and then crashes the game that is running + any other software that relies on graphics acceleration.

The screen goes black and the game shortly after closes and it's back to the desktop with no error code but the Radeon software icon from the tray disappears, any AMD link connected device looses connection.

12 Replies
backstab
Adept I

same here new soft sux

0 Likes
ifr0z3n
Journeyman III

Just tested 19.12.3 and BFV still crashes. This time if i don't alt Tab fast enought the screen goes black and no way to recover

0 Likes
yetu-chn
Journeyman III

rx5700,same question.(19.12.2 and 19.12.3)

0 Likes
_y_
Adept II

Same here ... can't play longer than 10-20 minutes in BFV ... other games no problem (NFS for instance)

0 Likes

It looks like the driver is having problems with the Frostbite engine. Because I have problems with Dragon Age Inquisition, this game also uses the Frostbite Engine 3.

0 Likes
ragnarwolff
Journeyman III

Same, multiple daily crashes in FFXIV

0 Likes

Have all of you reported it to AMD?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
_y_
Adept II

My crashes are fixed by returning to 19.12.1 drivers.

Was able to play 60+ min without crashing, with 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 drivers it didn't last for 20 minutes 

dutchy
Adept II

It's an issue that affects a lot of users. I experience the same with my Radeon VII.

I reported it already to AMD, they sayd they'll investigate the issue. If you browse the forum, you can see a lot of topics with crash issues with the latest 2020 driver.

0 Likes
iznogood
Journeyman III

I noticed that screen flashing then app and sof crashing when the "Radeon enhanced sync" is enabled.

0 Likes

Of the hundreds of identical posts, the answer is to use 19.12.1 until the next driver release with fixes for these issues.

lightro
Journeyman III

same by me. I think it is a problem, when the upload or the internet connection is terrible 

0 Likes