cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adrenalin 2020 Driver Crossfire/MultiGPU support support is a disgrace. Please fix it.

I know AMD no longer "Support DX11 Crossfire" on new DX11 games but they are still supposed to support MultiGPU setups for DX12 or Blender correct?  

Adrenalin 2020 Driver Crossfire support is a disgrace. 

1. No option to choose which GPUs you wish to pair for CrossFire or MultiGPU. 
2. Incorrect reporting of PCIe bus speeds in the driver. 
3. Automatic pairing of incorrect cards based on wrong PCIe bus speeds. 
4. Automatically turns on Crossfire during Driver install. 
5. Turning off Crossfire/MultiGPU consistently fails and causes a PC reboot. On Reboot Crossfire is still enabled. 
6. AMD removed DX11 CrossFire Profiles from the Adrenalin 2020 Driver for users who still run older games on older GPUs. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

Tried to edit the title from 

Adrenalin 2020 Driver Crossfire/MultiGPU support support is a disgrace. Please fix it.
to 
Adrenalin 2020 Driver Crossfire/MultiGPU support is a disgrace. Please fix it.

Not sure why "support" was in there twice. 

I cannot. 
This new forum edit policy is ridiculous. 

0 Likes

I guess I'm not sure if you can call it officially dead but Lisa did make a statement claiming it as close to dead as you possibly can without actually saying it. 

Stated here: https://www.techradar.com/news/next-gen-amd-threadripper-is-coming-but-crossfire-for-multiple-graphi...

Lisa Su:  “To be honest, the software is going faster than the hardware, I would say that Crossfire isn't a significant focus,” she said when asked about the technology.

0 Likes

DX11 Crossfire is dead for sure on new games. 
DX12/Vulkan MultiGPU may still be required. 
MultiChip GPU die on a substrate might be required for more powerful GPU in future. 

it does not mean new drivers should be useless for people with older GPUs that the run in Crossfire on older games. 
Adrenalin 2020 drivers still install on R9 280X cards. 
But that was not my main point. 

There is use for Multiple GPUs run as Blender and OpenCL Compute engines and mining. 
They do not need the "Crossfire Button" switched on. 
AMD Driver Automatically turns on Crossfire during Driver install if it detects 2 of same GPU. 

They should stop doing that, especially when they are unable to decide which pair to put in Crossfire properly. 

0 Likes

I completely agree.

0 Likes