cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Miniboss

adrenalin 2020 black screen video_tdr_failure

Hi since adrenalin 2020 , i've got black screens happening randomly ("black screen" but must be a bsod with loss of display from the gpu , screen turns black , hard drive writhing things than computer reboots after 30s/1min)

with "whocrashed" i see the error is "video_tdr_failure" in atikmpag.sys

I rolled back from 20.2.1 to 19.11.3 and I have absolutely no problem with 19.11.3

i'm on radeon vii + 3900x + x570 + 32Go gskill

someone has a clue ?

reporting weird reading from task manager since 2020 adrenalin ... "compute 2" graph missing for example

18 Replies
igni
Adept I

Re: adrenalin 2020 black screen video_tdr_failure

Try disabling HBCC, Anti-Lag, and Enhanced Sync if you have  those enabled.

Regards,

(Junk drivers.)

rawintellect
Challenger

Add a TdrDelay.

1. Go to your registry: Start --> Run --> Type in "Regedit"

2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" and create a key of type "DWORD (32-bit)" and name "TdrDelay" with a value of "a" (no quotes), which is 10, as Hexadecimal value.

0 Kudos
igni
Adept I

that doesn't really help or fixes the issue (tried that already), also radeon vii owner. 

It just gives more time before system tries to recover the driver when its hanged/crashed.

xlox
Miniboss

thanks ! but I never activate any of these

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss

In fact I spoke about the problem to amd support ,

despite having no issues with ram (memtest ran for 3h30) or being asolutely stable with 19.11.3,

they wanted me to test ram @3200 (my rams are at 3600 (4x4400 sticks)) and a reset bios to default etc, but I didn't have the time to test that yet, and even if it solves the problem I wouldn't be satified with the solution as 19.11.3 are fine

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss

I have 20.2.2 installed for two days , gaming + working on triple screen .. seems ok for now !

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss

ok new black screen just happened ...

whocrashed doesn't indicates the same problem (now whea error ) , but the crash is exactly the same ... black screen - writes dump - restart...

going back to 19.11.3

0 Kudos
gunnels
Journeyman III

I realize that you probably have a lot of reasons to *not* do this, but my system has not black-screened for 36 hours now (it was doing so every 2-3 hours).  I installed the newest version of the Enterprise drivers and, since then ... no problems.  For me, it's worth it, at least in the short term.

0 Kudos
mickeekung
Challenger

This is the main problem for my 5600xt.

0 Kudos