cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adrenalin 2020 20.11.3 DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSOD near end of Driver install. Why?

Adrenalin 2020 20.11.3 DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSOD near end of Driver install. Why?

I start from DDU to remove previous Adrenalin 2020 20.11.3 install. 
All windows checks pass o.k. 
Single display output from the RX5700XT. 
Therefore CrossFire not an issue in this case, since no other RX5700XT on the system and no primary output on any RX Vega GPU or on the Radeon Pro DUO.  

OS = Windows 10 Pro 64bit 2004 with latest patches as of yesterday.
CPU = Ryzen 2700X on Corsair H100i V2 AIO Cooler at constant 4.3GHz. 
MB  =  Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wifi). 
MB Bios =  Version 3003.
RAM = 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro running at 3200MHz. 
GPU Driver = Adrenalin 2020 20.11.3
HDD = Samsung QVO 1TB.
PSU = Corsair AX 1600i.
Monitor = BenQ 4K 60Hz.

I have the following GPUs connected. 

1. RX5700XT. 

2. RX Vega 64 Liquid. 

3. RX Vega 56

4. RX 590

5. RX Vega 64 Liquid.

6. Radeon Pro Duo (fiji). 

I have a 3.1 KW of Power Supply. 

On reboot the Driver "seems" to have installed ok. 
Windows checks pass. 

No CPU or GPU overclock. 

So... what's up?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Sometimes when I boot up, the two "secodary" Vega GPUs get paired up for Crossfire when I do not turn it on in the GUI/UI. 

If I then turn CrossFire off, the PC blackscreens, crashes, reboots and Crossfire is is still tuned on for the two RX Vega cards on the system. 

This is so annoying. 

Even if manage to boot up with no display out from the unwanted paired "Primay Vega" GPU, Global settings still shows the Vega cards paired in Crossfire. When I then connect display output and switch to the Vega output as Primary Display I see Crossfire Button is on. . 

The only way to turn it off is to DDU the drivers in safe mode disconnected from the internet and then do a fresh driver install with only one display output from Primary RX5700XT on the system.  

It looks like there is a limit of 6 discrete AMD GPU max on the Adrenalin 2020 20.11.3 driver.
It looks like having 7 AMD GPU cores is causing the  DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSOD
Note if I replace the Primary RX5700XT with an Nvidia RTX2080 OC  so I only have 6 AMD GPU cores on the system 
I do not see this  DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSOD previously. 

This must be a problem for GPU Miners with multiple AMD cards. 

0 Likes