cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rukur
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.5 broke games

19.7.4 fixed my broken games im actualy playing and now cant. These are Steam games. 

Supreme Commander forged alliance 

Dragon Age Origins 

Dragon Age Origins - Awaking.

19.7.4 fixed the "Failed to detect a supported video card" and I was happy playing again then update 19.7.5 rebroke them and more. To top if off I cant roll back the driver ? 

0 Likes
13 Replies
jadeite
Journeyman III

Good day!

I have a lot of problems with this drivers and my new 5700 XT. This is a real pain.

1) Anthem

Anthem bug.jpg

This happens to me yesterday 2 times. Also game crush drivers and videocard start overheat, on the screen grow artefacts (in health bar position and when AMD overlay placed). I start think AMD don't know about this game and don't do anything to adopt new cards to it.

2) Other problems:

In any game if you ALT+TAB few times, drivers crashed -> GPU and BLOWER stunned on last working paramer and you can only restart PC. If you will try to play further -> OVERHEAT -> blue screen of death or PC shutdown. And I don't know why, but your drivers crush very often by different ways what makes a lot of problems.

In 2018 I was have RX 580, Vega 64, Vega 64 LC - there was problems and crashes, and I start belive in 2019 you soft team will do something with drivers, but with new hardware release, new bigger problems comes. This is terrible, because also from 2016 I was have GTX 1070, GTX 1080 TI, RTX 2070 and RTX 2080 TI. In that green team I never seen any drivers crashes or same probles.

Because I already use 5700 XT card I can't back it to the shop. I can do It only if it brokes. But card if fine, but software - not.

I regret about this purchase.

PS. Win 10 64 Bit, 5700 XT and 19.7.5 drivers.

0 Likes
kristian2
Adept I

I don't have any issues running dragon age: origins with 19.7.5, but I get frequent freezing while running assassin's creed: odyssey.

0 Likes

Interesting because even my battlenet games re-broke. D3 same. However I get zero F@3Ks about SC II. But the games I am playing are totally denied to me and ran fine a few days ago. I cant roll back the driver at a minimum. So support is basicly troll the forum for the next release to possible fix this. When the fix is to let me stay on the old released driver that played my games for hours fine and I would never need to make a rage account on the AMD site ?

Every day enrages me more trolling every forum looking for a fix and adding to my frustrations.

My apologes in andvance because you got it working on my system and I now know for sure my game will work and you choose to force update and no rollback.

SC2.PNG

0 Likes

On the AMD drivers download page you can choose & install previous drivers for your card.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

And when it dectects a newer version is avalable it will not install...Unless someone can help me roll back...I removed all AMD drivers and still it wanted to install 19.7.5

Do you have to install without the internet and keep closing the nag upgrades ?

It should be in bold letters on the box because no-one reads the manual. once the card works for your game. Disconnect the internet and enjoy. That would work for me. I play old games. Im not gambling for loot box's on the same map forever 24.7 vs other players when game companyies should make real games like elderscrolls 6 due in 2024 when my driver problem should be sorted.

0 Likes

What model graphics card and OS ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Windows 10 1607, 5700XT

0 Likes

From the driver download page choose and submit,

From that landing page scroll down to choose 'Previous Drivers',

I would suggest you download/save the full driver pack you want, then when you start install from the saved driver pack choose custom > clean install.

Thanks. All games are working. It was 19.7.3 that lets me play old games without the "no detectable card". Ill stick with this driver.

0 Likes

Running 19.8.1--all games run fine--including Starcraft II--no problems with a 50th Ann 5700XT.

0 Likes
beejayh
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.5 actually has issue with games. At first I thought maybe my card was dying but once I rolled back to 19.5.2 stutter, freeze and performance issues they all got fixed.

0 Likes

19.8.1 is now available

0 Likes

grab DDU and clean up drivers and then try the latest on fresh and see if that clears up problems

0 Likes