cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ferdynand
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 2019 causes RX460 to blackscreen when installing along APU A8-7650k with R7 graphics

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD ASUS RX460-O2G
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3
  • Display Devices
    • Samsung SyncMaster S24F350 1080p @59Hz HDMI FreeSync disabled connected to RX460
    • WXGA TV 1366 x 768 @60Hz HDMI connected to APU
    • HP V214a 1080p @60Hz VGA connected to APU
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H Bios FB
  • CPU/APU
    • QuadCore AMD A8-7650K R7 APU
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • EVGA 80+ BRONZE 450W
  • RAM
    • 8GB Single Channel

Describe your issue:

• I got tired of failing to update the gfx driver for a year but i thought i give it a try with this new 2019 driver, still the same problem as 18.5.1, 18.7.1, etc. During install, No signal on monitors connected to APU with Windows error Failed to initialize display driver reverting to default, after install and restart black screen on RX460 monitor and working APU monitors but slow, sluggish system performance. Reverting to Adrenalin edition 18.2.1-feb7 fixes the problem.
  • Similar issue Black screen when installing AMD drivers and when booting up Windows 10
0 Likes
10 Replies

I have the same problem too while using Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 & 18.12.3 !! Both which black screen me during installation at 40%-70% every time!!

And i'm trying to install my Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 with no such luck!! Or I end up with Thread stuck in device driver message too.

0 Likes
ferdynand
Journeyman III

Tried a new way: Disabled the R7 integrated graphics card and installed Adrenalin 19.1.2, the driver installs fine but after enabling the iGPU again it shows: Error 31: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31). The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

0 Likes

You have to choose the discrete card/PCIE ( RX 570 ) as the Primary in the bios. This disables the integrated graphics.

0 Likes

In my BIOS you can FORCE disable the integrated gpu. The problem is I need it for the extra monitors and when I enable it again it doesn't work along the RX460.

0 Likes

Force is not the word. Select is the word. Choosing the discrete card has been SOP forever...I'm surprised any thing you tried works. 

Are you try to make a Eyefinity display..or just duplicating desktops. Have you really read:

How to Configure Displays in Duplicated and Extended Modes | AMD 

Setting Up and Configuring Multiple Displays to Run in AMD Eyefinity Mode | AMD 

Display Devices

• Samsung SyncMaster S24F350 1080p @59Hz HDMI FreeSync disabled connected to RX460
  • WXGA TV 1366 x 768 @60Hz HDMI connected to APU
  • HP V214a 1080p @60Hz VGA connected to APU
0 Likes

FORCE is literally the word in the BIOS, it says: Enable IGPU: AUTO, FORCE ON, FORCE OFF.

Auto and Force on enable it, making it appear in hardware devices but causing this after the restart (using 19.1.1): "the screens keep flashing on and off trying to initialize the graphics cards until the PC frezzes forcing a restart. Disabling the APU makes the PC work fine again and Radeon settings sends the message: “Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure.”.

Force off causes the APU not to appear in hardware devices and the PC starts fine but now this monitors

• WXGA TV 1366 x 768 @60Hz HDMI connected to APU
  • HP V214a 1080p @60Hz VGA connected to APU

obliviously have no signal.

I'm just duplicating the desktop but the ASUS ASUS RX460-O2G only has DVI-D, Display port and HDMI, so I can only connect ONE HDMI monitor since I'm not using adapter cables.

I guess one solution will be to just buy the adapter cables, connect everything to the RX460 and Force OFF the APU but I was actually thinking on adding a fourth monitor so I'm going to need an extra port anyways.

The RX460 and APU R7 work together  fine in win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.2.1-feb7.exe, with the extra monitors connected to the APU and the desktop duplicated, I'm using it right now but is a year old driver and things are starting to complain about it.

0 Likes

Primary Video Device has always been set as: NB PCIe Slot Video. In my motherboard this DOES NOT disable the integrated graphics card automatically. There is another setting called Integrated Graphics which controls that, I go into further detail in my other response.

0 Likes

Your APU is not supported in version 19.1.2. You will have to disable it..as suggested...or use the 19.1.1

0 Likes

Tried too, see my response below.

0 Likes
ferdynand
Journeyman III

So I think I made an error installing Adrenalin 19.1.2 (recommended for RX460 but don't support APU R7). I tried installing radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-19.1.1-win10-64bit-jan20.exe (recomended for APU), it installs fine but when I enable the APU the screens keep flashing on and off trying to initialize the graphics cards until the PC frezzes forcing a restart. Disabling the APU makes the PC work again and Radeon settings sends the message: “Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure.”

0 Likes