cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eltheodelagente
Adept I

Re: Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2 Auto Overclock GPU causes Black Screen, Audio Buzz, System Hang.

Again, thanks for reply.

I did exactly what you suggested and the problem persists.
Win 10 installed 17.1.1 (17.10.1731.... is the driver package version)

I'm thinking about going back to windows 7. my problems started when I went from 7 to 10.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Re: Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2 Auto Overclock GPU causes Black Screen, Audio Buzz, System Hang.

OK thanks for trying it out. Sorry it did not help. 
New Adrenalin driver overwriting previous Microsoft AMD driver install has caused crashing on me and for other users.
Sorry that didn't help you out but at least now you know you have properly installed AMD drivers now.

I do not think going back to Windows 7 is a long term solution as it will be completely EOL on Jan 14 2020, and AMD no longer provide Windows 8.1 64 bit drivers since 17.7.1 so unless you migrate to Linux (Ubuntu is best for newcomers to linux) and rely on Steam Play Beta for Linux you will have to use Windows 10 for latest Windows games. In addition I would suggest that Nvidia proprietary drivers with Nvidia GUI are much better on Linux. AMD still have no GUI or easy way to control even simple things like fan speed, temp targets, power targets on AMD GPU in Linux today. You may decide to ditch your AMD GPU and purchase an Nvidia one if you want to use any Linux OS instead of Windows 10.

If you wish I can install an R9280x 3GB or HD7970 6GB on this PC and test video playback using one of those GPU and see if it crashes on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit installation. Does your GPU crash if you try to play this video?
Ryzen 2700x and Palit RTX 2080 OC running BFV at 1080p Ultra with "RTX on" Part 2 The Last Tiger. - ... 
If it does I will use it as a test case.
Please let me know if you want me to test that and on which GPU.
In any case good luck.
Thanks.   

colesdav
MVP

Hi,

I have repeated the problem you see, running on Single R9 Fury X, no GPU overclocking.  - it is not your GPU.
The R9 Fury X is running at stock frequency. Not overclocked.
It looks like there is a problem interoduce in the latest Adrenalin 2019 19.3.2 driver, which is noted as having "Support for Tom Clancy's the Division 2".

I have been Beta Testing Tom Clancy's The Division 2 and have been testing the same installation of the official released game using AMD Adrenalin 2019 version 19.2.3-Feb25.  I ran a number of benchmarks today in DX11 and DX12 with that driver version without any crashing. 

I wanted to see how the new 2019 19.3.2 drivercompares as it is suppoed to officially support the game.

I then upgraded the Driver to 2019 19.3.2. just using the AMD Installer to upgrade from 19.2.3 to 19.3.2.
The installer reported installation worked o.k.
I ran the same benchmarks in DX12 and I had a number of black screen crashes and one black screen crash and PC automatic reboot. 
I reverified the game files and then switched over to DX11, and restarted the game and ran the benchmark again.
I have just for the first time hit the following problem running Tom Clancy's "The Division 2" benchmark in DX11.
"Access to the graphic hardware application has been blocked" a black screen which then recovered.
I will attempt to get a screenshot, post it here and file an AMD Report about it. 

So i do not think it is your GPU.
I think some bug in code is introduced in the AMD Driver between 19.2.3 and 19.3.2.

I will test video playback next.

Bye.

eltheodelagente
Adept I

Hello and thank you for helping me and others with the same problem.

In my case I not only tried the latest version of the adrenalin but also previous versions and always had the same problem. Now I am still using windows 10 but without the amd drivers. I updated everything except the gpu driver using drivereasy. I tried passing the gpu to the other pci-e port but the error continues.

colesdav
MVP

No problem.

I am uploading a video of the crash I get to Youtube now,
Meantime here is a screenshot of crash I now see after starting the Tom Clancy's the Division 2 benchmark.
It looks like the crash may be initialised by changing resolution before starting the benchmark. 

I start the benchmark I get black screen which sometimes recovers and sometimes does not but causes a PC Restart.

If the black screen recovers I then see multiple of the  following Windows 10 notification:

pastedImage_1.png

Then I see that the division 2 Crashes as seen here:
pastedImage_2.png

Then I submit crash report to Ubisoft:

pastedImage_3.png

Finally this:

pastedImage_4.png

I will open a separate thread about this crash when I get time - did you have a discussion thread open about your crash?
I will run DDU in safe mode and reinstall 19.3.2 and verify the game files again and see if I can repeat this crash again.
I will also see if any video playback crashes on me. as you reported. Any particular resolution or video or just anything on YouTube with Chrome browser?
This thread is gone completely off topic from the RX Vega 64 Liquid Automatic Overclock crashing and I want to return to that topic asap.

Thanks again.

eltheodelagente
Adept I

Yes, I commented a while ago here https://community.amd.com/thread/237511

I have seen quite a lot the messages that appear in the first and last image that you posted. At least until before reinstalling the drivers. Now only the black screen appears. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes not. No message appears. I use the resolution recommended by the operating system (1920 x 1080). I tried other resolutions but there was no difference. No particular video. With just running the browser I see the black screen. Sometimes when opening a second tab. On other occasions when playing any Youtube video. I tried with chrome as with opera, firefox and M edge. I tried playing dota 2 and more than half of the game I saw polygons across the map.

Thanks and SORRY for the offtopic.

colesdav
MVP

Hi,

RE: SORRY for the offtopic.

No need.
I wasn't criticising you in any way, the comment was about getting back to the original thread topic was aimed at me.
I should have opened a separate thread earlier to discuss what I found but I am very busy at the moment and it was simply the fastest way to respond to you and report what I found at the time.

I will edit this post and point to the new thread about Tom Clancy's The Division 2 issue below this line:
{Link to new thread to follow}

Thanks again.

colesdav
MVP

New thread on Tom Clancy's The Division 2 crash here: https://community.amd.com/thread/237965 

Nice PC config !
I have same cpu but only a rx580 ... Why choose both nvidia + amd for Graphics?

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Thank you.

RE: Why choose both nvidia + amd for Graphics?

Various reasons at the moment. This build is / will be used to test various technologies/features in Windows and Linux.

"Maximus" is my first AMD Ryzen build.
If I get the Corsair 64GB RAM Kit or other working properly and I am happy intention was there will be more "identical" Ryzen builds following that.
Once the second machine is built it might be AMD only or Nvidia only GPU based machine.

At the moment, I am testing the performance of the Nvidia versus AMD GPU for gaming and Blender and 'compute'.

When I get the RAM Memtest86 failing situation resolved I will then move primarily to running Ubuntu Linux OS on this machine.

Bye.