cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2 AMD Performance Overlay Improvements.

Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2 AMD Radeon Overlay Improvements are listed from the release notes here:

Radeon Overlay (5)

• Enhanced Sync controls available in display tab with per game real-time adjustment.
  • Radeon FreeSync controls now found in display tab.
  • Per-game color controls now available in display tab.
  • Radeon WattMan is now supported in Radeon Overlay allowing for in-game power and performance optimizations.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay now supports visual customization with adjustable colors, columns, position, transparency and size.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay now supports a lower sample interval and frame-time measurement logging.

I have been using the Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2 AMD Performance Overlay since the driver was released.
First of all a big thank you for fixing a bug which prevented me from using the Performance Overlay on RX Vega 64 Liquid at 2K/4K resolutions and caused severe color flashing / wash out.

Secondly, in general, I think this release fixes the vast majority of issues / problems that existed with the use of the Performance Metrics Overlay in the past.
The ability to position, resize, move, change text font color, columns and transparency etc is a great change, and avoids me having to change the windows scaling factors at various desktop resolutions.

I think the other new features in the Radeon Overlay are also useful to see as they prevent ALT Tab out from game to desktop to use Radeon Settings in Desktop mode.

• Enhanced Sync controls available in display tab with per game real-time adjustment.
  • Radeon FreeSync controls now found in display tab.
  • Per-game color controls now available in display tab.

Finally

• Radeon WattMan is now supported in Radeon Overlay allowing for in-game power and performance optimizations.
    I have been able to use this to check what the Wattman Settings are in game so far.

Thanks for these new improvements in the Radeon Performance overlay and Radeon Overlay in Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2 on RX Vega 64 Liquid at least - they are working well on that GPU.
I will add a quick link to a video recording showing the new changes in the Radeon Performance Overlay.
I have not had a chance to look at how it works on my other older AMD cards yet.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Here is a video recording showing changes in the Radeon Performance overlay settings in Radeon Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2:
AMD Adrenalin 2019 (version) 2018.12.2 Radeon Performance Overlay Improvements. - YouTube

0 Likes