Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dbdblackjack
Newcomer

Adrenalin 19.7.5 Freezes

Hello all,

I'm having this issue where Adrenalin will crash when I try to change the fan curve. I've DDU'd it a dozen or so times to no avail. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  • Desktop
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed:  19.7.5
  • Display Devices:  ASUS VG248QE, DP, 1080p @144hz
  • Asus ROG Strix X370-f Gaming build 5.0.2.4
  • Ryzen 5 1600x
  • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
  • F4-3200C14D-16GVk

Edit: I tried MSI Afterburner and the fan speed curve works. However, a screen flicker was prevalent due to MSI Afterburner(assumed). I changed the refresh rate to 120hz and the flicker has since resolved. I'm now using both Adrenalin and Afterburner. In Adrenalin I use the auto OC GPU option and in Afterburner I have my curve set up. It's now working as intended; I just wish I didn't need Afterburner as well. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Edit2: Updated to 19.8.2. Still have the exact same issue(s) however, I found a work-around. If you adjust each circle fast enough and hit "apply", you can eventually get the fan curve you wish. Takes some time, maybe 15 minutes, but it's worth it imo. I kept Task Manager up so I could "end task" on Adrenalin each time it froze. I also pinned the settings to the task bar to make opening it that much faster. Made small adjustments and hit "apply". Rinse and repeat until it froze, then end task and re-open adrenalin. Rinse and repeat. While playing R6, the temp was ~58C with the fan rpm between 3600 and 3800. I used the "performance monitor" in Adrenalin. The shortcut is ctrl+shift+O. It looks kind of like the afterburner one, but specific to the gpu. Was noisy, but I play with a headset so I didn't really hear it all. I'm not one who cares about the sound, to a point. I'm more interested in performance. I hope they fix this properly and soon.

0 Likes
1 Reply
ioan
Adept I

Although I have a Radeon 7 video card after installing this diver, problems started with both flickering and Wattman settings. This is horror, I thought my video card burned out but the rollback to 19.7.1 solved all the problems, we are waiting for the normal drivers.

0 Likes