Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

warpnine
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 18.3.1 and 18.3.2 drivers crash system when some games are started

After installing the 18.3.1 driver package:

- World of Warships crashes (the game client) upon launch of the game client (the one after the pre-launch client).

- Mass Effect Andromeda causes a total system reboot, as it is initializing and loading stuff into the graphics card.

- Please note: Other games like Palladins and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided continue to work successfully.

After installing the 18.3.2 drover package:

- The 2 games listed in the first couple of bullets above still fail in the same way.

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided causes a total system reboot upon launch.  (This had been working successfully under 18.3.1).

- I haven't tried Palladins yet under this new driver package (afraid to) - it had been working normally under 18.3.1.

I cannot find how to get back to the older pre 18.3 driver packages, so I could try to reinstall them, to avoid and diagnose these observed problems.

How can I recover to a working driver configuration until these apparent Radeon driver issues are diagnosed and corrected?

System configuration:

Intel i7-5820k (6 cores/12 threads, 3.3GHZ), 32GB main memory, RX-480 (8GB), 1080x1920 resolution in all games

0 Likes
1 Reply
slimus
Journeyman III

0 Likes