cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tarvaln
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 18.2.1 completes installation but radeon settings does not load - Win 10 Pro Fury X

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (10.0, Build 17074) (17074.rs_prerelease_flt.180116-1539)

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor            (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Video Card: RADEON R9 FURY X 4GB HBM

-Work around: *Use DDU to remove all old drivers* Run the AMD driver  install as Admin. Then go to Device Manager. Select your "Display adapters". Right Click "Update drivers". Click "Browse my computer for driver software" Browse for your AMD driver folder (I just selected my C: drive). Click "Next". It should find your driver and install it.

This will not launch CCC and I don't think it will auto run. I had to right click my screen and select "AMD Radeon Settings" for CCC to load.

-This issue could be with the new windows 10 insider update  (slow ring and fast ring). It has some privacy issues with devices not be able to be accessed on install.

The drivers say that they install but they do not run or function.

I did a Clean Uninstall of my 18.1.1 drivers. Restarted in Safe Mode.. Ran DDU 17.0.8.3. When it was done my PC restarted. Installed the 18.2.1 drivers and it said they completed but they don't work. I Clean Uninstalled again, Safe Mode, Ran DDU, Installed again. Same issue. Ran everything as "Run as Administrator.

No idea what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Matt B
We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies

From what I have read, drivers are not tested/qualified on IP builds.

Maybe post a query on 'tenforums.com', see what other IP users are up to ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
tonywhatever
Journeyman III

I am using the same preview build of windows and have the same issue with 18.2.1. Maybe it is incompatible with preview builds as goodplay said. Some previous drivers work fine though.

0 Likes

Yea, I've never had this issue before and I've been on slow ring for about two years.

Did this solution work for you?

-Work around: *Use DDU to remove all old drivers* Run the AMD driver  install as Admin. Then go to Device Manager. Select your "Display adapters". Right Click "Update drivers". Click "Browse my computer for driver software" Browse for your AMD driver folder (I just selected my C: drive). Click "Next". It should find your driver and install it.

This will not launch CCC and I don't think it will auto run. I had to right click my screen and select "AMD Radeon Settings" for CCC to load.

0 Likes

tried it but no luck. still using 18.1.1 now.

0 Likes