cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

seishona6543
Journeyman III

Adrenalin 18.12.2: Screen flickers after waking up

Hardware: Asus RX580 4GB Dual fan series, connected to a Samsung Syncmaster BX2250 at 60fps, 1920x1080 on HDMI

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Driver version: 18.12.2, all default options and yes on install

Observation: Monitor goes to sleep as normal under power settings. When monitor wakes up, screen is flickering several times per second.

Expected behaviour: Monitor should not flicker when it wakes up.

Temporary remedy: Going into Radeon Settings and toggling Virtual Super Resolution or GPU scaling stops the flickering.

What didn't work: Uninstalling Adrenalin 18.12.2 using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling it.

Help appreciated, much thanks!

V

0 Likes
7 Replies
snailking
Adept I

I have an R7 370 and I experience similar issues with this driver. It takes about 5-10 seconds for the monitors to wake up after sleep; it used to be instantaneous.

CPU: AMD FX 8300

Driver version: 18.12.2, all default options and yes on install

0 Likes

Fixed in 18.12.3. Nice!

0 Likes

Hm, problem came back after 2 restarts...

0 Likes

Sounds like Microsoft/Win10 changed/installed different drivers. Did you take the steps necessary to prevent this happening?

Depending on your version of Win10..ie Home/Pro/etc:

How to delay feature updates in Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

0 Likes

Temporary workaround for me:

Set HDMI Scaling to 0

I usually have it set to 1% because of awful backlight bleeding on my monitor edges but it seems the 18.12.2 and 18.12.3 drivers have a bug with HDMI scaling. HDMI scaling settings are ignored on OS restart and on monitor wake-up. HDMI scaling settings are only reapplied when the graphics card is reset by toggling the GPU scaling setting. The non-stop flickering on monitor wake-up seems to be caused by this.

0 Likes

I am too currently experiencing the HDMI scaling bug. Every time I reboot - HDMI scaling resets. This issue didn't seem apparent before 18.12.2.

0 Likes
gorillap
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue.

I have installed the latest drivers (19.1.2) and it is still an issue.

I have to use the HDMI scaling 1 % because otherwise, the screen expands outside the width of my monitor.

0 Likes