cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supavillain
Adept I

Adobe After Effects UI gets broken on scrolling

I'm on my ACER nitro 5 an515-43 laptop and my adobe after effects is totally unusable because of this glitch. Basically I experience a broken UI when scrolling. Here's a gif of my issue:glitch in action

The thing is I HAVE indeed fixed this issue by updating my drivers to Radeon For Enterprise, but to my demise that only worsened everything but the AE by setting my screen brightness/gamma to maximum with no option to change it, making it look like I have a "white film" over my screen.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
supavillain
Adept I

Alright, I found a fix for this. 

You go into the settings shown on the picture above, select After Effects .exe and put the Power Saving mode on. It's not the best fix, but it doesn't seem to make the app completely rely on the integrated card, because so far I haven't seen any performance issues and the task manager shows the RX 560x to be using up resources, too. I've reported this issue to adm, so hopefully something will come out of it. Anyway, if you're some lucky fella who faces this issue that absolutely no one talks about like two years from now on - I dedicate this one to you. I put my blood and tears into finding a fix and now you won't have to go through the same things that I have. Peace.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
supavillain
Adept I

I forgot to mention that I had to revert back to the latest driver (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2) , thus making the issue still revelant.

0 Likes
supavillain
Adept I

Alright, I found a fix for this. 

You go into the settings shown on the picture above, select After Effects .exe and put the Power Saving mode on. It's not the best fix, but it doesn't seem to make the app completely rely on the integrated card, because so far I haven't seen any performance issues and the task manager shows the RX 560x to be using up resources, too. I've reported this issue to adm, so hopefully something will come out of it. Anyway, if you're some lucky fella who faces this issue that absolutely no one talks about like two years from now on - I dedicate this one to you. I put my blood and tears into finding a fix and now you won't have to go through the same things that I have. Peace.

0 Likes