Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

__gamehacker___
Journeyman III

Add A Option To Radeon Settings To Turn The GPU Fan On

I really dislike how the fan is always off on my Vega56 till it's over 50c

If I want the fan on all the time at the minimum speed till it gets hot it should be a option.

I don't mind if you's go with the default setting how it is now with the min and max speeds,

But their should be an additional option in manual settings to turn the fan on all the time, Which runs at the minimum speed constantly till it get's hotter.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Maybe see what is in the new Annual update (due this month).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yeah we can only hope that this year's major driver update will feature this option

0 Likes

Should be a temp slider and fan slider for controlling this in Radeon Setttings. I know I can with my RX 580. I will include a pic of my setting where I have my fan coming on much sooner. I can have it kick on all the time too, but don't choose to do that.

0 Likes

Heya pokester thanks for message, I am aware of how the temp settings work in conjunction to the fan speed setting, But I would still like an additional option to turn the fan on constantly.

My Powercolour Vega56 red dragon doesn't offer the min acoustic limit (MHz) setting though. Also personally I wouldn't have my power limit at +50% though.

0 Likes

Guess your wanting a 'fan curve' settings (I think thats been the most requested), but this close to release whatever new features coming are probably set.

It's a wait & see ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

mine is a +50.  if you click on the picture it reads a little clearer. interesting you don't have the accoustic setting. that is the slider that will make mine kick on all the time when combined with the setting above it. I certainly get that it would be easier to have a simple on off button.

0 Likes