cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wiktorelka
Adept I

Acer XV252QF NO 390HZ OPTION

Hello, today i recieved my Acer XV252QF the 390hz monitor, and i relized there's no 390hz option when i change HZ i have OC on, i also tried CRU and AMD software but i can't even go above 360hz

my specs:

AMD Radeon RX 6600
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
24GB Ram 2933mhz
Corsair 650w PSU

0 Likes
10 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

This isn't an AMD graphics driver issue.

Check the refresh rate setting on your monitor menu, should be in the same category as over drive, FreeSync, aim point, etc.

like i said i turned on oc and i dont have 390 in my settings also there are no options in gaming category like u explained

0 Likes
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

On Windows 11 -> System -> Display -> Advanced display -> Choose refresh rate

0 Likes

ehh that was the first thing i tried man

0 Likes
Chester1994
Challenger

Disable VRB/TVR and enable overdrive from the monitor itself.

0 Likes

still doesn't work

0 Likes

Says your monitor is connected with a 1.4 DP cable?
Is there an firmware update available for the monitor?

i use the cable provided for the monitor also how do i check the version of the cable and where do i downlaod the firmware for this model

0 Likes

I confirm, rx6600 is limited to 360Hz. 390hz worked fine on rx580, after changing the GPU 390hz disappeared.

0 Likes

Hey, I know its a late reply but I just got a fix for myself on this. So I use to have an NVIDIA 2080 super and the 390hz worked. But after I swapped to the AMD 6950 XT I no longer could use the 390hz option. After a few months, I decided to switch tables I just swapped my HDMI from my Acer 390hz to my 240hz Alienware and vice-versa. So basically I fixed the issue by swapping to Displayport (heads up I am on the single monitor right now but I am pretty sure it works on multi-monitor).

TLDR: Use Displayport (DP)

0 Likes