cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xboxshqip
Elite

AC Syndicate: Am I pushing it to far, or should I call it bad perfomance?

Driver: Radeon Software Crimson (15.11) WHQL

Game:  Patch 1.12

My PC

Graphics: ASUS Radeon R9 390 STRIX-R9390-DC3OC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

Power Supply: Corsair AX760

0 Likes
3 Replies
wstr
Adept II

Re: AC Syndicate: Am I pushing it to far, or should I call it bad perfomance?

It's ok. Even GTX 980Ti can't run this game at 60fps average maxed so...

Just put settings to Very high and you should have around 50-60 fps average.

The game is running great it's just CrapWorks (GameWorks) that's "breaking" it for both companies, as always.

If you turn all the GameWorks stuff off the game runs at 60fps np and doesn't really look any worse.

vicky1111
Adept II

Install the update 1.21. It will for sure improve your performance(noticeable). AND update the drivers.(latest beta one).Note:before update 1.21 i was getting around 20 fps in my Radeon R9 M265X. After updating (properly) and installing the latest beta drivers, i could get 26-27 easily.(settings were medium-high,since my card has only 2GB).Hope it helps.(my laptop: i7-4500U,R9 M265X,8GB RAM,720p(since my laptop supports max reso.))

kifa
Adept II

Well from what I can see your are using features that come from nVidia Gameworks suite, namely HBAO+ and PCSS shadows. Those two can grind even a Titan X to a halt, and keep in mind you're on AMD card. It's just like Hairworks in Witcher 3 - best leave it off unless you have nV hardware. Switch to SSAO and take shadows down a notch and you should be absolutely fine.

0 Likes